Poll: Platinum Jubilee

Do you intend to celebrate The Queen's Platinum Jubilee?

• Yes

Votes: 94 20.4%
  • No

Votes: 296 64.2%
  • Pizza Express

Votes: 71 15.4%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Well I enjoyed that. Once again, we showed the world that we know how to put on a show.

Makes me want to watch the Olympics 2012 opening ceremony again.
Calibans dream, the song they played as the torch was being run in, was one of the most beautiful pieces of music I’ve ever heard. I still listen to it to this day.

Soldato
These concerts show that some singers need to retire from performing - Rod and Diana.

You can’t tell from someone in their 50s and 60s that in 20 years time, their voices aren’t going to be strong.

I remember watching the Golden Jubilee one and Ray Davies (Kinks) sounded dreadful.

On the other hand, I saw The Zombies as part of a 60s bands show in 2019 and Colin Blunstone’s voice still sounds heavenly

Soldato
The likes of Elle Eyre, Mimi Webb and Sam Ryder smashed the legends out of the park.
These concerts show that some singers need to retire from performing - Rod and Diana.

You can’t tell from someone in their 50s and 60s that in 20 years time, their voices aren’t going to be strong.

I remember watching the Golden Jubilee one and Ray Davies (Kinks) sounded dreadful.

On the other hand, I saw The Zombies as part of a 60s bands show in 2019 and Colin Blunstone’s voice still sounds heavenly
Yep completely agree. Not my cup of tea and im sure they are legends of an era but time to move on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom