Poll: Platinum Jubilee

Do you intend to celebrate The Queen's Platinum Jubilee?

• Yes

Votes: 94 20.4%
  • No

Votes: 296 64.2%
  • Pizza Express

Votes: 71 15.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
I'd rather have mine spent on a Curly Wurly, thanks very much.
if you compare it to the upcoming commonwealth games 778M the jubilee at 28M looks good value - 20 curly wurly's ( they really still sell them - didn't know)
whether that includes Harry&meg security

with energy price prices local leisure centres are going to find funding difficult ... but I suppose it is too late to divert commonwealth games funds

Associate
if you compare it to the upcoming commonwealth games 778M the jubilee at 28M looks good value - 20 curly wurly's ( they really still sell them - didn't know)
A bit like the Olympics....thought it'd be crap....when it was excellent. Happy to be wrong again. Counting down to century birthday?

Caporegime

with energy price prices local leisure centres are going to find funding difficult ... but I suppose it is too late to divert commonwealth games funds
maybe if you live in london....

Caporegime

Cannot be 28 million surely. The cost of the extra bank holidays must have been astronomical.

Soldato
I got to meet the Queen. Not many people can say that. I have proof.

52128578747_c836ff555d_b.jpg

I also got to meet a human Union Jack.

52129845434_572d798845_b.jpg

And I saw a couple of Queen lookalikes. The resemblance was amazing.

52129633868_e4c93b1351_b.jpg

Man of Honour
Closest I've ever been to the Queen

0T0YysU.png

Kind of scary in a way - if I'd have been up to no good not a thing anyone could have done to stop me.

Associate
Yeah for what it's worth I'm a bit late to this party, but for me seems very strange thing to be doing and not sure what it is we are meant to be celebrating actually, this thing dragged on for days on end thanking a lady who's lived the most luxurious life you can ever imagine on a gold throne with servants doing everything for her which in 2022 seems rather dated, also now millions on the poverty line who can't afford to live, feed themselves or heat their home as well lots struggling to live now any sort of quality of basic life never mind a luxurious one with no money worries ever, I've never bought into the PR machine that is the Royals, think they employ PR agents to come up with ways to keep them in power, simply this new long weekend thing as just creating bank holidays to get in peoples good books and get people all worshipping them, turns out it works every time, most people love to have a rich family to idolise it seems.

Its been tough avoiding it that's for sure, all with Royal overload beyond anything I've ever seen before and have to say to me this is rather shocking to watch what with the cost of living crisis all this cash on all of this, then there's the millions of Ukrainians living through hell, what message does this send out and then there's all the coronavirus infections that will come, no doubt lots more avoidable deaths and long covid the future for thousands, It will all be kicking right back off again, not that it ever went away but this certainly will not of helped with all these mass gatherings. The press makes out the whole country is forgetting all their money woes and celebrating what it is to be one of the wealthiest people on the planet with blinkered eyes, oh yeah great, no one ever tells the truth in papers and tv that it's not everyone. I've never understood this obsession the press has with them and let's face millions of people who still love to worship rich people, they live in another world to most of their Royalist fans.

Associate
Yeah for what it's worth I'm a bit late to this party, but for me seems very strange thing to be doing and not sure what it is we are meant to be celebrating actually, this thing dragged on for days on end thanking a lady who's lived the most luxurious life you can ever imagine on a gold throne with servants doing everything for her which in 2022 seems rather dated, also now millions on the poverty line who can't afford to live, feed themselves or heat their home as well lots struggling to live now any sort of quality of basic life never mind a luxurious one with no money worries ever, I've never bought into the PR machine that is the Royals, think they employ PR agents to come up with ways to keep them in power, simply this new long weekend thing as just creating bank holidays to get in peoples good books and get people all worshipping them, turns out it works every time, most people love to have a rich family to idolise it seems.

Its been tough avoiding it that's for sure, all with Royal overload beyond anything I've ever seen before and have to say to me this is rather shocking to watch what with the cost of living crisis all this cash on all of this, then there's the millions of Ukrainians living through hell, what message does this send out and then there's all the coronavirus infections that will come, no doubt lots more avoidable deaths and long covid the future for thousands, It will all be kicking right back off again, not that it ever went away but this certainly will not of helped with all these mass gatherings. The press makes out the whole country is forgetting all their money woes and celebrating what it is to be one of the wealthiest people on the planet with blinkered eyes, oh yeah great, no one ever tells the truth in papers and tv that it's not everyone. I've never understood this obsession the press has with them and let's face millions of people who still love to worship rich people, they live in another world to most of their Royalist fans.
Jeez, say what you really mean!

Soldato
I got to meet the Queen. Not many people can say that. I have proof.

52128578747_c836ff555d_b.jpg

You're the one in the flowery dress right?

Closest I've ever been to the Queen

0T0YysU.png

Kind of scary in a way - if I'd have been up to no good not a thing anyone could have done to stop me.

I've been closer than that maybe 10-20 feet away when I was a kid may even have been the silver jubilee during a visit to the town me mum's workplace overlooked the square. Wasn't big enough to be Lee Harvey Oswald then not sure if security has been tightened since those days but any kind of walkabout is an inherent risk but thats the price you pay for the job I guess

Back
Top Bottom