PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
First couple of runs this morning definately seem better for that initial drop period. Tried a couple of hot drops into school which didnt seem to have the rubber banding. Still gettin issues with the kill cam showing someone hitting me while not even being close but guessing thats just de-sync or issues with the kill cam rather than being dodgy players.

Dont feel as bad pickin populated drop zones now at least :D

Do servers exist for this without the 3rd person seing over objects bull? With first person enforced excl maybe in vehicles. Or is it “part of the game”

Pick the FPP queues (First Person Perspective), i prefer those also, you need to manually select the option each time which is annoying as it seems to default to TPP queues

Soldato
Might give it a try then if the above is true.

Most if not all of the videos ive seen have been people hiding behind rocks and watching people coming towards them before jumping out and shooting.

That called a wallhack In games that i play.

Soldato
Most if not all of the videos ive seen have been people hiding behind rocks and watching people coming towards them before jumping out and shooting.

That called a wallhack In games that i play.

Yeah, I don't really see why 3rd person is an option, letting you see round walls and things. Obviously, I'll try and do it myself, but as you say, it doesn't seem right really.

Soldato
I noticed a lot of tearing yesterday, only changes were a windows update and the corsair CUE application being installed. Anyone else got this? Running at Utra on everything.

Caporegime
Yeah, I don't really see why 3rd person is an option, letting you see round walls and things. Obviously, I'll try and do it myself, but as you say, it doesn't seem right really.

3rd person games have been around since 3d gaming has.

the first and most successful online shooter on the ps2 was socom and that was third person. both of you can see around corners so it's not exactly cheating it's a different way of playing and i prefer it tbh. first person on this just doesn't feel anywhere near fluid as the likes of counter strike. i can play both but i prefer third person.

i don't really like the desert map. the loot is terrible unless you go to military then you are usually stuck scrambling for a vehicle and driving for at least 3km to get into the first circle and the meds there are bad it's great for guns bad for meds. it's also mainly long distance fighting involving snipers. you spend the majority of your time opening doors to find 2 t-shirts on the floor or running through km's of desert with people miles away from you. with the desert map i do think you need to drop into a big city like los leones let 2-3 other squads loot the whole joint and then try and kill them for their loot. it's a pretty risky way of playing to get decent loot.

Soldato
ooft. they had 3 million players online too the other day.

looks like they finally sorted out netcode or servers or both
They've definitely sorted something. Just had a game that was buttery smooth. Doors opened first time, loot picked up easily and best of all hitreg seemed on point.
Desert map is growing on me but it's still just too open in places and too confined in others. Clearly a rush job imo.

Needless to say though, for all the positives I'm still pretty confident they'll tweak it a bit and **** up all the good they've done. :p

Soldato
the first and most successful online shooter on the ps2 was socom and that was third person. both of you can see around corners so it's not exactly cheating

To me a console shooter isn't a proper shooter... and if I'm the one walking down a corridor when some dude is watching me from a totally hidden position, that's not good for a game IMO, that's all I'm saying.

That's good for you, every game me and my mates have tried has had horrific lag, rubber banding, shots not landing. It's like a complete lottery.

That is odd, as me and anyone I've played with today has not had the rubber banding. Strange it still happens with you?

Caporegime
To me a console shooter isn't a proper shooter... and if I'm the one walking down a corridor when some dude is watching me from a totally hidden position, that's not good for a game IMO, that's all I'm saying.

That is odd, as me and anyone I've played with today has not had the rubber banding. Strange it still happens with you?

Everyone has their own preference. I get why others don't like it but I prefer it for this game. Other games I prefer FPS like destiny and counter strike I couldn't imagine playing them any other way.

Associate
TheKwanko is THE best player in the world so we daren't upset him. He loves the new map so much he cries when we get the old one, I mean really cries..and it is a pleasure to hear his in game singing...honestly

EdJit: forgot to mention the northern irish gutter mouth rant when he gets head shot :D

Last edited:
Associate
Dont play squad mode with randoms. Had to mute the mics almost instantly. Every 2nd match resulted in me being tked as soon as I try regroup with the squad. Seems this game is for mindless kids.

Back
Top Bottom