PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
And ... They've put Karakin back in, **** YEA!! I love that map every now and then as something different, small, low loot tables. Personally love getting a Winnie on that map, as it's somewhat competitive given the low loot tables, and just find it a very fun weapon to use which is basically outclassed on every other map.

I was hugely disappointed by the eventual inclusion of DMRs into Karakin. When that map was first released, Winchesters were king as there was nothing else. You could get a Kar98, but they lacked in long range scopes to make them useful (was hard to find a 3x or 4x), so Win94 was king in a lot of ways. Then they patched it and ruined it all, imo!

New patch is good, I've always enjoyed playing bolt action SRs and often have really good games with them. I've found playing bolt SRs really sharpens your aim and your twitch reflexes for those peaking/twitch shots from behind cover. My biggest weakness remains though, hot dropping and not fighting on my own terms! I like to approach fights geared up and with a tactic in mind (how to use cover or making best use of the geography), rather than just broiling it around with the others trying to find something other than a shotgun before getting buzzed.

I'm still handicapping myself a bit though, I've ranked up all the good guns to level 100, so am trying to rank up all the others, which is a bit of a challenge! But, my k/d has never been better so I must be doing something right! Trying to level up the AK (close now) and all the SMGs (I've already maxed the UMP - amazing gun, absolutely love it, pains me to walk over one without picking it up).

Noticed very few pros play with a 3x on an M416 anymore, not like they used to. Its nearly always just a red dot.

Last edited:
Soldato
Another update out yesterday. A new casual mode to play which is TPP and Erangel only, but it is up to 15 players and the rest are bots. A good way to try different gun setups and just have fun.
There is also a new crate drop gun - P90 SMG. Fully kitted out with 250 rounds, it looks to be awesome, perhaps a bit OP at the moment...

Associate
I certainly think it is overpowered, I got lasered with it when in the top 2 yesterday. I am enjoying the game again though, been a while since I saw an obvious cheater. I gave the new casual mode a go too, you either seem to see about 10 bots until another player or none at all. The average TPP player is pretty hilarious, although there is the occasional god tier level player.

Soldato
Does anyone know?

Base damage of an M24 Vs KAR98?

Ignoring reload times, bullet trajectory all that stuff I'm aware of the pros and cons of all that.

I was under the impression that the M24 did more base damage, eg a body shot than a K97. But the guys a I've been playing with recently think the opposite and there is so much ******** on the internet plus the game keeps changing.

Basically I can use either perfectly fine, for headshot it's irrelevant because either 1 shots a level 2, but if one does more base DMG with a body shot Vs the other I'd probably use that.

Soldato
Soldato
Found it here:

http://battlegrounds.party/weapons/...&htk=dmg&pel=true&burst=false&veh=&health=100

It's got the weapons from Teago so must be pretty up to date, seems the KAR98 does do a little more damage over an M24 but not by much.

Interesting an AKM does as much damage as a mini14, I always thought the mini14 was weak, but not that weak, **** gun anyway, probably better off with an AKM anyway.
Try the stats at 200m and you'll see a difference. You won't be using a mini14 at short range anyway

Soldato
Fact there is no moisin nagant on that data doesn't fill me with confidence but maybe.

But the stats for a Mosin are identical to those of a KAR98. Its the same gun reskinned.

I still stand behind WackyJackys claims about the UMP45. Its a great gun and close up damage is comparable to that of a Groza. Its an absolute laser too, I often go back to that gun.

Soldato
I still stand behind WackyJackys claims about the UMP45. Its a great gun and close up damage is comparable to that of a Groza. Its an absolute laser too, I often go back to that gun.

Oh hell yeah.

It depends on if I find an AR comp early on, I might take a Scar L or Beryl maybe, Scar L is really good after they buffed it a bit, if you get that with an compensator and verticle grip is it pretty insane.

But yeah UMP45 is sooo good, I dont know why more people dont cotton on to that, which is fine by me anyway. As you say laser beam, and damage per round is good for an smg, and its pretty accurate even at medium(ish) range. It's much more controllable standing up over AR's also, makes a massive difference if you can crouch whilst full auto AR, whilst the UMP45 is much more controllable standing as well. Its also much easier to find the attachements for it then an AR counterpart. Ammo weighs less. I cant think of many disavantages over most ARs for close range.

EDIT: because its easier to control standing makes it much more versatile when you are shotting down out of windows etc, or above walls, where you could not crouch.

Soldato
I play more with meme guns than the standard AR & DMR combo now. The 249 can be immense and even the Bizon is viable in certain circumstances.

I've been doing this loads lately, my k/d takes a little hit, but not much. I've been trying to rank up as many guns as possible to level 100.

Been playing with the Bizon too, its actually not bad! Got a WWCD duo on Erangel the other day with 4 Bizon kills, though it did take a lot of bullets to take down a level 3 ghillie suit wearing opponent! The fact it only needs a comp and a red dot and its standard mag is so big are huge plusses. I'd argue a compensator is a minimum for it though, to "compensate" for its other shortcomings (low damage).

Mostly been playing with M16 as a long range gun, then either a pump action shottie, Bizon/MP5. The Mutant on the other hand.....that an absolute car crash of a gun. I can run faster than its bullets.

Soldato
I've been doing this loads lately, my k/d takes a little hit, but not much. I've been trying to rank up as many guns as possible to level 100.

Been playing with the Bizon too, its actually not bad! Got a WWCD duo on Erangel the other day with 4 Bizon kills, though it did take a lot of bullets to take down a level 3 ghillie suit wearing opponent! The fact it only needs a comp and a red dot and its standard mag is so big are huge plusses. I'd argue a compensator is a minimum for it though, to "compensate" for its other shortcomings (low damage).

Mostly been playing with M16 as a long range gun, then either a pump action shottie, Bizon/MP5. The Mutant on the other hand.....that an absolute car crash of a gun. I can run faster than its bullets.
OMG don't diss the mutant...

Back
Top Bottom