PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
OP
Founds a few reviews which I'm going to watch through but 90% sure I'm going to jump on this when it gets on Steam.

If it's pants (doesn't look it atm) I can always refund - looking forward to it.

To Be fair, Reviewing a game that isn't yet released should be taken very lightly. The game isn't perfect and does have issues but I can tell you 100% for a game in such early stage its got more going for it than anyother Battle game of this type, even Dayz can fall under this genre.

1. Decent amount vehicles, all have decent driving mec
2. Loads weapons all again feel different in there own right
3. Map is big enough with loads different areas
4. Player movement feels good, the player feels grounded I.E not floaty like H1Z1
5. Audio guns sound great, footsteps are loud enough

Soldato
FFS...just when i'd decided not to get another early access title.

To be fair though, played his BR mode on both Arma 3 and H1Z1 so it's guaranteed I will like this.

Associate
Looking forward to goving this a go, watched quite a lot on twitch of it over the various beta's.
Deffo looks to be improving each time which looks promising.
Wonder what price it will come on steam for? Sold a load of h1z1 skins and some cs skins so got plenty of steam credit for this. If its more than £30 i think ill hold out though. £20 is more acceptable as a early access price. H1Z1 will deffo be dying once this is out.

Soldato
H1Z1 is just getting ruined with each update, as is Arma 3 Battle Royal.

It's out now on early access for $29 (around £25 ish) which, for a game that I guarantee is going to be heavily modable (given this was one of Player Unknown's criteria for undertaking this project) - there are going to be some very interesting concepts.

I'd expect this could easily kill off H1 but also be a real run for Arma franchise but could see a DayZ mod resurgence given the engine this is built on (Unreal Engine).

Underboss
Would that affect the Steam 2h refund windw as the purchase wasn't via Steam?

Just incase at release it's hella bad? I don't imagine it would be however.

I'll hold on for a few more weeks I think. Watch some more streams before buying.

Associate
Ahh bummer, ill just have to wait, no point spending real money on it if i can just use my steam credit. Look forward to hearing back from you guys playing the beta though, specifically about how it runs on your system with specs etc

Man of Honour
Ahh bummer, ill just have to wait, no point spending real money on it if i can just use my steam credit. Look forward to hearing back from you guys playing the beta though, specifically about how it runs on your system with specs etc

I will record my gameplay tonight and upload it. You can watch as in all my glory , I parachute in , grab an M416 and promptly get shot in the head the moment I step outside and finish in last place :D

Soldato
OP
Closed beta update 2 for this weekend
Players,

Today we look at the major changes we have made this week. Before we get to that, we have a new trailer! Check it out on pcgamer.com!.

All servers will open at 8AM PST/ 4PM UTC on Friday, and close at 8AM PST/ 4PM UTC the following Monday!

Next onto the changes and bug fixes we have made to the game for this weekend’s test.

KNOWN ISSUES

Your client may freeze/lock when entering a game, or when returning to the lobby.Restart your game to fix this issue
The spectate camera is fixed in 3rd person view when spectating teammates. We will continue to improve this feature over the coming months
You may not be able to loot some items
There may be cases of your character getting stuck in certain areas of the world

CHANGES

Gameplay

• Both SOLO and DUOs modes are available all weekend
• It will now be easier to drive through wooden and barbed wire fences
• The X key has been included in key bindings
• The default screen setting is now “Fullscreen Windowed”
• You can now press the F key to cut away from the parachute when it gets stuck in various objects

Performance & Stability

• Server performance has been improved, and we have resolved multiple crash issues
• Decreased the video and system memory that the game client uses
• Resolved the client crash issue that occurred when trying to exit the game

Outgame

• Stats and leaderboards have been added. Results from the closed beta will be reset once the closed beta is over

BUG FIXES

Gameplay & UI/UX

• Fixed a bug that prevented the items from being looted in some occasions
• Fixed a bug that resulted in glare being too bright for certain scopes

See you in-game,

PLAYERUNKNOWN

Man of Honour
Yeah I havent managed to get into a game yet, just getting Matchmaking Failed all the time

EDIT : Ah, message just come up on screen saying that they need another 10 mins to sort out the matchmaking issue.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
They having issues with servers atm and have promised longer time on Monday to make up for it.

PSA We expect the login & matchmaking issues fixed within an hour! We will keep servers online on Monday to make up for this downtime!

Man of Honour
WOO !! Won my first match. Love it...brilliant fun. Really nerve racking. I put all the graphics on Ultra and it ran pretty well. I put a scope on my gun but couldnt work out how to look down the scope

Back
Top Bottom