1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by antijoke, Oct 31, 2017.

1. antijoke

Caporegime

Just announced at Paris Games Week PUBG is coming to Xbox One Game preview on 12/12/2017.

Game will support HDR at launch and 4K will come at a later date with final release.

Will be there day one.

Anyone else looking forward to it?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  2. OneZeoN

Gangster

This is 1 of the reasons im getting my xbox Scorpio edition!

Can't wait

3. Mull3t

Mobster

Been looking forward to this for along time.

4. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Wonder what it will cost. For what it is it should be like £10-20 I guess especially as it's preview. I bet they charge over the odds for it as they know it's quite hyped and people will pay whatever they slap on it.

I am interested to see how it translates to console, but players need to temper their expectations as it's by no means finished. Hopefully they make this clear to buyers

5. Fueyfu

Gangster

£26.99 according to Eurogamer.

6. McBain

Capodecina

Might get it as well as my PC version, but not sure how well the whole looting mechanic will work on console.

Great game though, big feather in the cap of the Xbox even if it's just a timed exclusive.

7. kinger8938

Sgarrista

That's about, if not, the same as the steam price if I recall which I felt was a bit steep at the time but it's not terrible. They could do much worse

8. House

Mobster

Its the same as it was on steam on release, that was a point they made in what was quiet possibly the worst stream ive ever seen. Mics not working, trailer not playing and when it did the same as the old one with a splash screen at the end saying 12:12:17.

Good job its an amazing fun game cause the presentation sucked.

9. jrwagh333

Mobster

Not an Xbox user myself but my partner is and she says she wants this for Christmas.

From what I have read it's only part if the preview program - so does this means she needs to be on the Xbox Insider Program to be able to purchase it?

10. gord

Capodecina

Don't think so. Pretty sure it will be part of their "early access" system to begin with, which is available to all.

11. ak22

Soldato

Any news on Playstation release?

12. House

Mobster

Game preview program, its separate to insider.
    Insider is for UI/OS testing mainly and some games in Alpha/ Beta (Sea of theives, minecraft and gigantic)
    Game Preview is like steam early access where developers can sell you games they haven't finished yet so there is an element of buyer beware expect some issues. From my experience Game Preview has less rubbish on it than steam early access.

13. antijoke

Caporegime

Nope, I wouldn't hold your breathe for it any time soon, earliest I would guess will be this time next year, maybe even December 2018. Which is lame.

14. kaptainmarc

Wise Guy

Base are selling Xbox version for £21.85 as a preorder

15. ic1male

Capodecina

It'll be interesting to see what happens with games that now go from Xbox One X to PS4 Pro after a period of exclusivity. Normally you'd expect games to have improvements and things but with the power differential, games could end up looking/running worse. This is likely to be one of them as MS is putting a lot of XDK optimizations in this game.

16. antijoke

Caporegime

Yeah it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

17. Scythe

Soldato

Fully agree. MS are onboard with optimising this, and it's a well-known fact that the code transition from Windows to Xbox is far less hard work for the developer.

18. tweedbean

Gangster

Am I right in saying this is a similar game to Fornite on the Xbox One? Been playing Fortnite PvP quite a lot recently.

19. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Well Fortnite copied this game, so yes.

20. kinger8938

Sgarrista