PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
Nope

PS4 Pro Trade-In Offer Terms and Conditions

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Offer valid from 10th November 2016 until 16th November 2016. Purchase a new PlayStation Pro 1TB for £174.99 (normal price £349.99) when you trade-in an original PlayStation 4 500GB (B Grade or above) plus 5 different PlayStation 4 games (excluding FIFA 14 and FIFA 15) and use the total trade-in value received against such purchase. Offer available in store only. Ask staff for details of grading or to find out what your console is worth. Trade-in must be completed in the same transaction as purchase. A Game reward account is required to participate. Game reserves the right to refuse anyone believed to be representing a trade customer. Game trade-in terms and conditions and Game Reward terms and conditions apply please see http://www.game.co.uk for details. Trade in and cash prices are subject to change. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, or with the We Won't Be Beaten policy. Store manager's decision is final.

Yep no fifa essentially. It's still a good deal potentially if you have any games around that you cba to trade in normally.

Soldato
I had a look at the PS4 Pro at EGX yesterday, the photos don't do it justice as it looks really nice, also the new PS4 (slim) is much smaller than it looked in the photos, both looked really nice.

The only thing I saw running on the PS4 Pro was COD Infinate Warefare and it looked a lot better than the version running on the standard PS4, it looked 4K...

For those who like the old over head racing games, we played an indie game called Mantis Burn Racing which was brilliant. It's due to come to the PS4 in the next few weeks and talking to the Devs there they said it will support the PS4 Pro on day one with native 4K 60 FPS.

Associate
Not unless it's updated.
it wont run at 60 fps regardless. open world games need cpu power and the pro has the same cpu. its overclocked but i doubt you'll see more than a 10-15% actual performance increase. where the ps4 does 30 fps the pro might do 33-35fps and at locked 30 fps that just means a few less frame drops when stuff starts exploding.

Soldato
as someone who doesn't own a PS4, but loves the look of the PSVR for stuff like driveclub, star wars and london heist......I'm really tempted to stick this on the "what to buy myself for christmas list"

£350 notes isn't bad. I think the PS4 was the same price when it launched.

Soldato
So I have a PC and Xbox and lately I'm wondering if I should even bother with a PS4 Pro orjust keep my £200 Game credit for a Scorpio. Hmm decisions decisions.

Love the look of the exclusives though - Horizon zero dawn, Bloodborne and Uncharted look soooo good. Plus own Last Of Us, Drive Club, Until Dawn, GoW3 and Uncharted remastered on PS4 already (sold my PS4 after owning abut 6 months but didn't finish these).

Caporegime
Why would you want a Scorpio if you have a PC though? I would get a PS4 just for the exclusives and then save up again for the Scorpio (or a new GPU if it turns out to be crap). Plenty of time to go yet.

Soldato
Why would you want a Scorpio if you have a PC though? I would get a PS4 just for the exclusives and then save up again for the Scorpio (or a new GPU if it turns out to be crap). Plenty of time to go yet.

True, I want it all, but just wondered if it is all a waste. I like playing all the exclusives. The PC resides upstairs in the man cave where the PS4 would also go. The Scorpio would replace the Xbox in the lounge, especially if it has 4K blueray.

Last edited:
Caporegime

This is pretty much what I'm doing. I'm getting the pro and next year I'll see what happens with the Scorpio, but if it ends up selling for £500+, I'll probably just swap my 970 for a 1080Ti (if it's out by then).

Not many games on Xbox don't end up on PC. I remember when they was adamant that Ryse would be Xbox only. Didn't take long for it to be ported (very nicely) to PC.

Soldato
This is pretty much what I'm doing. I'm getting the pro and next year I'll see what happens with the Scorpio, but if it ends up selling for £500+, I'll probably just swap my 970 for a 1080Ti (if it's out by then).

Not many games on Xbox don't end up on PC. I remember when they was adamant that Ryse would be Xbox only. Didn't take long for it to be ported (very nicely) to PC.

This is very true. I have noticed most of the games that I want on Scorpio are cross play. So might be better off sticking with the plan and getting a PS4 Pro.
I guess I can grab a discounted Scorpio much later to upgrade the current Xbawx.

Caporegime
So it's not like a PC where adding a better gfx card boosts fps, irrespective of the settings.

Seems weird that the performance would be capped

I think it's do with how the way games are coded on console. Because there are lots of specific optimisations, if the console suddenly starts executing things faster, it can break timings or something. It must have been trawling through pages of gaming news that I've read this. Whether it's 100% accurate is another matter. :p

Back
Top Bottom