***** PlayStation Vita Official Thread *****

Soldato
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9387779.htm

(not a competitor)

is the special offer - lbp2 and a 4gb memory card for £199 a good deal?

will I need to buy anything extra like a charging cable? is 4gb enough for just gaming (can't imagine I'll use it for anything else)?

thanks.

Amazon've got the same offer on for £10 less (linky). OcUK has the Wi-Fi Vita on sale for £167.99 as part of this week's offers, so if LBP is what you really want you'll save a little by buying that bundle from Argos/Amazon (going by Amazon's prices, they have LBP for £19.28, and a 4GB Memory Card for £13.11). You won't need anything else as it comes with a charging cable, however there are some nice kits like this one that come with some goodies to get you on your way (I'm still using the case from that starter kit, does exactly what I want and the stand feature it has is pretty useful). If you plan on downloading anything you'll find that 4GB won't last long at all, I bought mine at launch with an 8GB and it's just too small. Ordered a 32GB earlier this week from Amazon for ~£60 so hopefully that'll make things easier :p

Pac3y makes a good point though, they go quite regularly in the MM for cheaper, and if I were you I'd just buy the "base" Vita and start off with PS+ Vita IGC or some other games that appeal to you and possibly a larger memory card.

Associate
Unless you go second hand I reckon most of the current deals are much of a muchness.

Thanks for the tips Nimdok and yeah, I did a couple of full play throughs of Golden Abyss. It is indeed a necessity. I've also got it queued for when my 16gb arrives. Just having a look through Gravity rush, LBP and also Space mutants for the 1000th time :D

Soldato
Got a vita 3g/wifi today for a bargain at blockbuster just realised I need a memory card for it to actually do anything.

Plan is to get the memory card and subsribe to ps+ that way I can play the full uncharted and other games and when complete move on seems really good value for 90 days at £11.99 it is full games?

Soldato
picked up LBP from ToysRUs for £18 and its worth every penny, really is a good game that works very well on the vita with perfect short enough levels for on the go gaming

highly reccomended for any vita owner

Associate
Tempted, but kinda burned out on LBP since playing both PS3 games to death. Demo is impressive though. Some elements of the visuals look even better than LBP2. Hoping it'll pop up on Plus sometime this year...

Soldato
A P4G question :)

IM on the second main rescue on like the 6th floor and was wondering, if i go back to the original castle now to tie up some side quests, will my progress in the main mission in terms of floors be lost of does it remember each floor for every area?

And am i right in thinking many side quests consist of collecting items in the tv? Are u notified once u have the item to complete a certain quest or do you just have to look through bags and check?

Soldato
A P4G question :)

IM on the second main rescue on like the 6th floor and was wondering, if i go back to the original castle now to tie up some side quests, will my progress in the main mission in terms of floors be lost of does it remember each floor for every area?

And am i right in thinking many side quests consist of collecting items in the tv? Are u notified once u have the item to complete a certain quest or do you just have to look through bags and check?

If you leave an area and come back, you will have an option to return to the last floor you visited. Once you're far enough into the game you'll gain the ability to teleport out, and then resume your last position again when you go through the door. Very useful :D

You are correct, yes. Most side quests will involve you collecting items and either giving them back to the person, or using them in other ways to complete the quest. You will not be notified when you've collected all the items, and while a lot of the items will be "keys" and unable to be sold, many other quests involve you collecting materials which can be sold so be careful of what you sell to the Blacksmith.

Back
Top Bottom