PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
I think if any VR is going to be successful, it's going to be PSVR.

Oculus and HTC may have shifted a few headsets but the real question is : Is there a viable ecosystem for VR? Are these headsets shifting software?

Associate
I think if any VR is going to be successful, it's going to be PSVR.

Oculus and HTC may have shifted a few headsets but the real question is : Is there a viable ecosystem for VR? Are these headsets shifting software?
I really dont understand the point your making, why wouldn't they shift software? they exist in the largest gaming ecosystem so don't see how that isn't a viable ecosystem. they are in competition with each other but don't see how that really effects general VR games sales. I still think VR is a gimmick tbh and wont see mainstream success mainly because of the cost barriers. to get a good experience you need 90-120 FPS which either means a beefy pc or lower quality settings/compromise like with the psvr, that wont ever change, by the time the cheap hardware for running vr well comes out everyone will be expecting even better graphics from their games.

I just think most people want a smooth running good looking game and dont want to spend crazy money to have the same graphics for VR or compromise and pay money to have worse graphics but a more immersive experience in "some games" as vr is mainly a first person only deal.

Soldato
Thought there would have been more comments in here. Do you think the VR is going to flop or is there actually plenty of people on here interested in it?

I dont think it will necessarily flop, i just think the games themselves will be rather basic for the time being, as devs and players get to grips with what can be done well and what cant.

Maybe by the second iteration, resolution will be better and be backed by a more powerful console

I think this will suit well for those that want to dip there toe in to the vr world without going mad on oc rigs and more expensive equipment.

Saying that i cant imagine the games being priced well knowing psn/sony

Associate
I actually tried this at i58 back in August. The best VR experience I have had yet. Got to play The Gateway: London Heist and it was incredible. Completely immersive and you really felt like you were in the thick of the action.

Soldato
Anywhere left to get cheap Move controllers? Still got my preorder in and might just go for it, VR Worlds and Until Dawn to start with then Farpoint after a price drop I reckon.

Has there been any info on the cinema style mode for non VR games / Movies?

Associate
Only VR games i'm looking to play are EVE Valkyrie , Farpoint ,Star Wars: Battlefront X-Wing VR atm and i'm still going to wait before i order a PSVR head set, see what the reviews are like, not going to be burnt, if the games ain't good, the head set is a door stop a very expensive door stop.

Associate
Can't wait to get my hands on this gadjet. I think it's the most affordable of its kind? Anyway only problem seems to be I just cannot choose which games to buy to go with it. Too many interesting :cool:

Soldato
Anything that requires people to "wear" apparatus will ultimately flop.

I don't think this will, though I had huge doubts on announcement because I tend to agree with you. But I can see having so much fun with friends, and well, Resident Evil 7 will take some serious bravery to complete in VR, and I don't get scared at all with traditional horror games or movies.

It will succeed imo.

Back
Top Bottom