PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Pretty sure i saw some retailer a short while ago selling a pretty good bundle for someone that wants to give VR a go it was pretty cheap at about £129. Included all the VR gear, camera and a bundle of about 5 games was call the mega pack. Looks like they were on a special deal as they are about 300 now which is a lot for such an old bit of tech.

Soldato
Pretty sure i saw some retailer a short while ago selling a pretty good bundle for someone that wants to give VR a go it was pretty cheap at about £129. Included all the VR gear, camera and a bundle of about 5 games was call the mega pack. Looks like they were on a special deal as they are about 300 now which is a lot for such an old bit of tech.

Better for me! I'm planning on selling mine with a few games:D

Last edited:
Soldato
This costs as much, if not more than a PS5 console itself.

People will not be rushing out to buy this like the first one. With the added problem getting hold of an PS5 in the first place.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was hoping for £450 (or less) but was mentally preparing myself for £500+. I do think the price is the wrong side of £500 but it's impossible to deny that they've crammed a lot of good tech into it this time, I just hope it doesn't mean it becomes so niche that low sales means developers don't give it their full attention.

I'll put a pre-order in, there's a few games from that announcement that appeal to me and I'll keep an eye out to see what else they announce in the meantime. I never had PSVR so the talk of old games being updated for PSVR2 could well swing things for me.

Soldato
It will be too niche at that price, therefore games will dry up, therefore I won't invest. This limits VR in the mass market IMO, and thus is the catch 22. The tech costs too much to break into the mainstream, and will continue to do so

Soldato
I'm happy enough to pre-order on the basis that we'll see Sony exclusives like Firewall, Astrobot, Wipeout, Horizon, etc plus conversions of PC titles like half-life and Fallout 4 VR. I don't have a gaming PC so the cost is still far less than buying a comparable PC VR headset (if one even exists) and a new PC to run VR games.

The only VR option out there which is cheaper is an Meta Quest 2 which isn't really capable of delivering the same level of games or graphical fidelity.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh just got an invite to pre-order one tomorrow, bit of a wait for the launch mind you.
Likewise, unsure whether to order from Sony or wait to see if other retailers get stock?

Might just pre-order via Sony to be safe as it’s not like anywhere else is likely to be cheaper anyway. I’m unsure whether stocks will be in short supply given the high price and the fact you need a ps5 already to use the add on.

What’s everyone else doing?

Associate
Some saying Sony will charge straight away....some say will be nearer launch in Feb
I,want to order tomorrow but don't want to pay £600 mid Nov

Back
Top Bottom