PlayStation VR / VR2

Associate
Anyone with GAME pre-orders had money taken / dispatch? Got an email last week saying they'd take payment 'soon' but a week later and nothing?

I spoke to a guy in GAME saturday, and if you had pre ordered, sony is allowing them to honour all the pre orders up to a certain date, not sure what date that was, but hey just wait and see what turns up.
May be sony was going to hold some stock back, who knows.

Permabanned
The ps vr looks amazing i wish i could afford one maybe for xmas if it lives up to the hype. Can i ask a few questions about this to the few that have tried it or to people in the know since most of the hype and sutff i seen come from people on the sony pay roll.

How can a system the struggles to run games at 1080p at 60 fps without trickery and witch craft pull off a vr experience when on pc you need a really powerful rig.

What is prolonged usage like? I struggle to get through a 3d movie without having to rest my eyes. It was the same for 3d games really cool at first but then when it comes to actual proper gaming you rather do without it once you get past the wow factor. Is this something you can actually use daily for 1 or more hours a night.There must be some sort of side effects to using this or am i being crazy :s I not tried new vr but the older stuff left you feeling dizzy and sick and disorientated. When i seen people playing its always been for short bursts i doubt many have tired it for more then 10 - 15 minutes.

The cinema mode is the one that interests me the most you can play any game and its like playing on a 200 inch plus screen but the one i have heard the less about :p

I will be watching this thread with much interest :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The ps vr looks amazing i wish i could afford one maybe for xmas if it lives up to the hype. Can i ask a few questions about this to the few that have tried it or to people in the know since most of the hype and sutff i seen come from people on the sony pay roll.

How can a system the struggles to run games at 1080p at 60 fps without trickery and witch craft pull off a vr experience when on pc you need a really powerful rig.

What is prolonged usage like? I struggle to get through a 3d movie without having to rest my eyes. It was the same for 3d games really cool at first but then when it comes to actual proper gaming you rather do without it once you get past the wow factor. Is this something you can actually use daily for 1 or more hours a night.There must be some sort of side effects to using this or am i being crazy :s I not tried new vr but the older stuff left you feeling dizzy and sick and disorientated. When i seen people playing its always been for short bursts i doubt many have tired it for more then 10 - 15 minutes.

The cinema mode is the one that interests me the most you can play any game and its like playing on a 200 inch plus screen but the one i have heard the less about :p

I will be watching this thread with much interest :)

OK I'm not an expert on this or know much about it, however I have used one and thought it was amazing.

The resolution on this is slightly lower than the Rift/Vive ie 960x1080 per eye compared to 1080x1200. The PS VR comes with a small processing unit that handles some of the work.

I also wouldn't say the PS4 struggles to run 1080P, most developers manage it quite easily. With the PS software the developers know exactly what FPS they need to achieve and exactly what hardware it is working on.

I think with using VR it is a case of having to try it for yourself, it's very comfortable and I'm sure a lot of people will be able to use it for long periods with no problems, and I'm sure some wont.

I can't wait to get mine on Thursday and I will update the thread when I've used it more.

Associate
UK gets a demo disk but with only 8 demos which is far fewer than the US.

Apparently my amazon order is due to be dispatched today. Order placed on 16th March. :D

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Completely forgot I pre ordered this, it's arriving Thursday :)

What else do I need to order? Just ordered the camera to go with it, what about move controllers? Best way to get these? Don't fancy paying another £70! Do I need 2? What about just using the pad?

Soldato
Completely forgot I pre ordered this, it's arriving Thursday :)

What else do I need to order? Just ordered the camera to go with it, what about move controllers? Best way to get these? Don't fancy paying another £70! Do I need 2? What about just using the pad?

If you get the move controller then yes you need 2 of them. Not al games need them though, in fact very few, so check the games that you want and then decide if you need them. I still have them from the PS3 and they are the same and work on the PS4.

Back
Top Bottom