PlayStation VR / VR2

Lots of room?

You don't actually need much room, I think they recommend 1.9m X 3.0m but a lot of games are sit down (certainly the ones I will play the most of) so space isn't really an issue if the camera can see you. The demo areas at EGX were pretty small really.

But yeah other that that just the VR unit, Camera and optional move controllers if there are games you are interested in that require them.

I'm unsure about getting one of these. The cinema mode intrigues me and if that is pretty good and if you can play for long periods that would be great. Does anyone have any reviews that deal with the space required? Our living room is longish and thin so not sure if I have the space (one of the reasons I never bothered with Kinect) but if the sitting down and head tracking works from say 2-2.5 meters ok then it might be worth it.

With the Driveclub VR reviews being pretty scathing and indicating a high-likelihood of sickness, it's got me wondering about motion sickness in general.

I don't get motion sick generally, not in planes or cars or roller coasters (unless sitting in the back seat of a car while playing with a screen of some kind!)

What does make me feel ill however are simulator rides where you watch a video on screen and your seat moves with the motion of the screen. As VR is supposedly the opposite of this I don't know if it'll be an instant-regret buy due to illness or whether I won't be affected at all...will find out tomorrow and return to Amazon if it's the former.

what the fudge is wrong with me!??

I have a PSVR coming by Shopto tomorrow that I didnt want as forgot I even had an order there
Only knew when I saw £350 out of my bank!!

After watching a few more vr videos I am now close to keeping the order and trying to get a ps4 camera and 2 move controllers :facepalm:
Just know I will likely not use the thing after a few weeks and be buggered lol

With the Driveclub VR reviews being pretty scathing and indicating a high-likelihood of sickness, it's got me wondering about motion sickness in general.

I don't get motion sick generally, not in planes or cars or roller coasters (unless sitting in the back seat of a car while playing with a screen of some kind!)

What does make me feel ill however are simulator rides where you watch a video on screen and your seat moves with the motion of the screen. As VR is supposedly the opposite of this I don't know if it'll be an instant-regret buy due to illness or whether I won't be affected at all...will find out tomorrow and return to Amazon if it's the former.

I get motion sickness from simulator rides, and I absolutely can't do rollercoasters, but I get no ill effects whatsoever from driveclub VR.

However, VR motion sickness (like most others) isn't necessarily linked to movement. My wife can't watch any 3D games on TV (like minecraft) as she gets motion sickness from just a minute or so if the camera is moving. She's fine in VR though. My daughter is fine with both 3D games and VR, but gets car sickness after around 50+ minutes.

I suspect it's highly individual.

what the fudge is wrong with me!??

I have a PSVR coming by Shopto tomorrow that I didnt want as forgot I even had an order there
Only knew when I saw £350 out of my bank!!

After watching a few more vr videos I am now close to keeping the order and trying to get a ps4 camera and 2 move controllers :facepalm:
Just know I will likely not use the thing after a few weeks and be buggered lol

Give it a go if you can afford to keep it, you may be surprised :)

I get motion sickness from simulator rides, and I absolutely can't do rollercoasters, but I get no ill effects whatsoever from driveclub VR.

However, VR motion sickness (like most others) isn't necessarily linked to movement. My wife can't watch any 3D games on TV (like minecraft) as she gets motion sickness from just a minute or so if the camera is moving. She's fine in VR though. My daughter is fine with both 3D games and VR, but gets car sickness after around 50+ minutes.

I suspect it's highly individual.

Going by those accounts it seems highly specific to the individual indeed. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

As an aside, Sega Joypolis in Tokyo is basically full of simulator style rides, many made me feel a little ill, until I hit this thing, which is the closest I've ever come to throwing up in any form via motion sickness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVTwDgIl5z4

Buy it off the store digitally perhaps, it's the same price?

I guess i could but it cost just abit more, anyway i wanted a physical copy, its coming friday from big rain forest :D just a day late, i do have a game coming with my VR head set and stuff tomorrow, so i can deal with it, but being messed around where i could have got it all from one place, they just had to leave it to the last min of day before release to email me, of which i am not happy about.

My order from big river place is still "dispatching soon" but also still showing delivery tomorrow...

Had a email earlier saying, Dispatch Confirmation and Arriving: Thursday, October 13th, so if you have had one of those, you should be all fine for tomorrow, they will be going to the closest HUB to you, and in the morning be out for delivery, on site under my orders, mine is showing Arriving tomorrow, On the way.

Back
Top Bottom