Please can you vote for my Daughter

Soldato
"We" are not anything, other than strangers on the internet.

I'm not going to feign interest, nor do something I consider a tad unethical, out of a mis-placed sense of group identity. I prefer to think for myself.

Go outside and talk to people.... Wow.

Soldato
These kinds of threads mean that anyone involved in any competition, if they don't similarly do what the OP is doing, has no chance of winning.

This isn't a criticism just an observation. Frankly I wish such threads would be banned. They aren't "discussion" threads, and most of the replies are just "done"-type posts.

I had the same thought, but quickly realised it's an idealistic one (even though I agree 50/50). See, even when I was younger, and was in similar voting based competitions that relied on putting tokens in pots etc, I still lost because other kids parents had better connections in the school with other parents etc. So unfortunately, it's life, regardless of whether it's fair or not.

I voted on the basis that OPs daughter has tried hard this year - I'm placing trust in this statement, because if true, I think it's good to reward effort. It can't always be done in every scenario, but I think if I have the opportunity to help out someone who's put effort into something, I'd take it 10/10 times.

Caporegime
i voted for your daughter even though i thought the other photo was better - let this be a lesson to her that life isn't fair.
Isn't that a self-fulfilling prophecy? :p

Life isn't fair because billions of people take billions of individual decisions that are to some extent unethical/immoral/unjust.

The more of those individual decisions that we get "right", the less unfair life is.

You don't have to be the US president to have the power to do good/do harm. You don't have to have any particular power. You just have to try to make decisions in line with your conscience.

Idealistic, yes and no. We each have personal responsibility that we can't discard purely by saying, "Life isn't fair/you'll never change the way the world works."

PDW

PDW

Associate
Voted, but to be fair I was voting for the pony.

Think it is very courageous that despite having two really short front legs it has managed to learn how to carry a rider and get over the fences, the look of concentration on its face as it decides which leg to step over with first is quite moving.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Voted, but only because it's a small world and seemingly a few mutual friends have also voted. At a guess you're at or have been at a yard my mums been on in the hyndburn area ;) (I also ride).

Don't envy anyone competing in showing, it's a huge time commitment let alone the rest! Good luck to Molly and hopefully Ivor is off to somewhere nice too.

Soldato
Voted, but to be fair I was voting for the pony.

Think it is very courageous that despite having two really short front legs it has managed to learn how to carry a rider and get over the fences, the look of concentration on its face as it decides which leg to step over with first is quite moving.

Made me lol :p

Soldato
Someone from here probably gave them the heads up, wouldn't be the first time.

Maybe.

Although the last poll they ran got 120 total votes and this one now has 1.3k! I'm guessing it's not just OcUK that have been asked to vote, and looks like both sides have been at it judging by the vote split.

Back
Top Bottom