Please check the same

Soldato
What does this actually mean!?

I see it being used quite a bit by Indians but struggling to understand what is meant by closing this sentence this way?

Associate
As far as I know in this context, "the same" is a placeholder for the object of the previous sentence or clause.
So for example, "I need the details of XYZ project. Could you please send me the same as soon as possible?"

Soldato
If I open a packet of monster munch and it's half empty, saying "please check the same" simply means open another bag to see if that's also half empty.

It's not just monster munch though, it can be pringles, brannigans, walkers (or lays *sniggers*), chipsticks, squares, space raiders, golden wonder, skips, quavers, hula hoops, mccoys, wheat crunchies, nik naks,

Caporegime
Incorrect that it's a corporate buzzphrase, as even when such people attempt to adopt it, they do at least use it with some semblance of correct grammatical context.
It's not like 'overshoot the landing zone', 'establish a foothold', 'take point', or any of the other military phrases they bastardise and misuse.

There are plenty of corporate buzzphrases that still work grammatically, that isn't the be all and end all of them being labelled as such.

Back
Top Bottom