**** Please enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account ****

Man of Honour
I can't be the only one who has this problem with their smartphone:

1) I click a link to the forums from Gmail.
2) I now get the page to put my email confirmation code in
3) Because the code has now been sent by Gmail if I look at it I lose my email confirmation code page.

Because I'm sitting by a PC no problem to put it on my phone but sometimes I'm away from a PC and have to go without login in to OCUK.

How do I get around this?

Don
@SexyGreyFox -
1) open a browser tab first to the forums to see if you need to login with 2FA
2) open gmail app to get your code
3) go back to your browser tab and enter the code
4) then click on any links from gmail (which don't open in your default browser, they likely open in the system webview browser)

Man of Honour
@SexyGreyFox -
4) then click on any links from gmail (which don't open in your default browser, they likely open in the system webview browser)

That's what I have to do but it's a PITA, I want to do it in one swoop.
Amazingly I have an OCUK shortcut that always takes me to a signed in page so I navigate from the alerts

Don
That's what I have to do but it's a PITA, I want to do it in one swoop.
Amazingly I have an OCUK shortcut that always takes me to a signed in page so I navigate from the alerts
Have you tried unticking "Open web links in Gmail" under the GMail App's General Settings?

That might help (and tbh I only just found out it was an option)

Last edited:
Soldato
@SexyGreyFox -
Doesn't work for me (I don't use gmail but my "normal email address") ! I have same issue as sexygreyfox. I have to get the code from a different device!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
That wouldn't stop you following links, it would just open them in your default browser (probably as a new tab each time, not 100% sure) rather than within the GMail app which can't cope with opening multiple tabs

Ahh, I'll try it.

Yes that's a lot better, still got to try and login to a web page but I can now see Gmail and the web page.

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Authy/twilio desktop discontinued
App I use on windows PC for those 6monthly OC 2FA reauths, but also ebay/nhs is being discontinued, need to find another desktop App
Authy
Authy Product Update

Ahoy!

You’re receiving this email from Twilio because our records show you’ve used the Twilio Authy Desktop app in the past.

What do you need to know?

Starting March 19, 2024, Twilio Desktop Authy apps will reach their end of life (EOL). Beyond this date, you can access most of the desktop features and functionality in the mobile Authy apps.

You may have previously seen an August 19, 2024, end of life (EOL) date for Twilio Desktop Authy apps. This date has been moved up to March 19, 2024.

What do you need to do?

Switch to the Authy app on your Apple or Google Play Store-compatible Android device to manage your Authy account and 2FA tokens.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom