Please Help (Good Cause)

Caporegime
One of my close relatives runs this scout hut that is being threatened with closure due to repairs and no funding.Along with cuts along the board in the UK and problems with communities and youth issue's etc....I feel compelled to post.

120 kids use this facility on a weekly basis and its in a bad state of repair...

From her " Help needed and it costs nothing other than a couple of minutes of your time, Please vote for my scout hut that is in desperate need of repair before the winter sets in. Its used every week by at least 120 kids, over the years it has taken some hammering. If we get enough votes to win and receive the money for the repairs I'm sure each and everyone of the kids will be grateful for your vote as well as the adult leaders."

Link here

Please vote just takes a couple of minutes and help fight the social problems we see on a day to day basis.

The kids would be ever so proud if we rallied together and clicked a few buttons on PC's to help

Thankyou

easy:)

Commissario
As this isn't a vote for my baby type thing and is actually a good cause then I'll support this and say that I've registered and voted. Took me a couple of minutes tops - I think youth centres and other such places should be encouraged as they get kids off the streets. All the best :)

Caporegime
OP
As this isn't a vote for my baby type thing and is actually a good cause then I'll support this and say that I've registered and voted. Took me a couple of minutes tops - I think youth centres and other such places should be encouraged as they get kids off the streets. All the best :)

Great stuff Maccy its a great cause that brings people together and helps kids find meaning and support and friendship in their lives.

You already know this and many thanks:)

Permabanned
It doesn't really tell me enough about where the money is going. If 120 kids really go there every week then it would cost about 50p per parent to get a couple of new toilets and a couple of hours of time for one of them to fit them. Kitchen wouldn't be much more unless you're fitting underfloor heating and granite worktops. You could probably afford all of the renovations mentioned with a days 'bob a job' washing cars or doing gardens.

Caporegime
OP
It doesn't really tell me enough about where the money is going. If 120 kids really go there every week then it would cost about 50p per parent to get a couple of new toilets and a couple of hours of time for one of them to fit them. Kitchen wouldn't be much more unless you're fitting underfloor heating and granite worktops. You could probably afford all of the renovations mentioned with a days 'bob a job' washing cars or doing gardens.

It needs more work than just a lick of paint m8...If there is enough support then the likely is they won't close it.

Back
Top Bottom