Please Help - Loose Connection

Associate
Hi Guys please could you help me.

I am still having trouble with a rig I recently brought from OCuk.

This was my first thread on the issue

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18049237

To sum up I posted the rig and it was sent back with a note saying they had found no problems, but for the last few days I have still run into NO POST problems.

I have found the problem to be with the PSU connections that plug into the Geforce 295, when I encounter these problems I am, from time to time, simply able to push the connection back in (usually the 6 pin on the top + I have to leave the side off as it clashes with the connection) and I regain POST until I switch the computer off and start it back and again NO POST. The frequencies are becoming worse and I don't wish to constantly fight with the connections every time I wish to go on.

As you can tell I'am finding this hugely frustrating I have phoned up customer support and was told that there was no problem with the rig and that it must be a problem at my end (Power cord etc). I am starting to consider a refund as I don't have a working computer, the only thing they really had to do was connect all the components and that's where I am finding the problems.

Please can you give me some advise!!!

P.S. If you wish I can post some images of the rig.

Soldato
what i would do is take all the power connectors out of the motherboard, graphic card and dvd and hard drives, then plug them back in, also clear the cmos. Lastly, try a different cord?

Associate
The increased regularity would presumably be because everything is becoming slightly older and more worn. If it is related only to the graphics card, then perhaps you could rig a way of fixing them more securely? Be wary of scratching the card or anything but you might find a way to tie the connectors down?

I've never bought a pre-built PC, so I don't really understand the problem.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Back
Top Bottom