Please help me - I'm a finalist in the NZXT #PUCKIT Competiton! :)

Duo

Duo

Associate
Hi guy's and gal's,

I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I have been fortunate enough to become a finalist in the NZXT #PUCKIT competition and I would be eternally grateful if you guys could help out a fellow OVERCLOCKERSUK member and vote for my design.

This is the link to the voting page: http://blog.nzxt.com/2017/03/puckit-challenge-finalists/

My entry is #Number 3 - THE OLYMPUCKS @DUO.TECH.MEDIA

Under the finalists images there is a purple box, click the box and scroll down inside it and, I graciously ask for you to vote for "The Olympucks", and then click submit.

I would appreciate your help so much, it would really mean such a great deal to me so I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all now.

My Design

I went with a minimalist approach to the design as I think this is what is best suited for NZXT. The white background and black text reminds me of the colour scheme of my H440 and it felt like it would work well as a NZXT promo image. Another thing I like about this image is that it feels like something NZXT could have produced themselves.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRCdrYshnEG/

16907018_726614790840501_5340828399927558144_n.jpg

Don
I don't have a huge issue with it, you have been a member for a few months - much better than the usual sign-ups we get who request 'complete my survey' with a single post.

Good luck

Soldato

Duo

Duo

Associate
OP
Thanks. I'm often reading this forum, mostly the build log section as this forum has some mighty skilled and creative members.

Of course everyone is free to vote for whoever they want to and I'm sure that you all will. I just hope that you decide to choose mine as it would be a huge deal for me to have some good luck.

Much like an election you need to campaign in order to win over voters right, so that's what I'm trying to do rather than flat out asking for votes without reason.

I tried to explain my reasoning as to why i went with that particular design as it was a design that NZXT could potentially use as a promotional image and I did want to make sure the actual product was in the image so that the consumer would see the actual product and mine is the only one that does show the real product. Also I hope the cheesy pun maybe made you smile. ;)

My Design

I went with a minimalist approach to the design as I think this is what is best suited for NZXT. The white background and black text reminds me of the colour scheme of my white H440 and it felt like it would work well as a NZXT promo image. Another thing I like about this image is that it feels like something NZXT could have produced themselves.

I also like image 1 to be honest as who doesnt like Mario...but it does contain copyrighted imagery so I'm not sure if NZXT could use it... Another cool one similar video game one could be a small video clip of Link opening up a chest in one of the Zelda games, and the chest opening music plays, if you've played any of the Zelda games, you know the one ;) ..and then he turns around and lifts his arms in the air, dun dun dun dunnnn... You found the NZXT cable management puck! haha

Image 2 is also good and I respect the fact the finalist took the time to draw it by hand, but again I'm not sure how good it would be as an actual marketing asset to promote sales of the puck.

Again, You're welcome to vote for whoever you like. I hope my reasoning made sense and perhaps made you consider voting for me as it may look simple but isn't that NZXT's philosophy in a nutshell? I put a lot of thought into this, iterated the design a number of times and did put effort into this so I hope you do decide to vote me. Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Duo

Duo

Associate
OP
I don't understand what this product is. What is it?!

Essentially it is just a magnetic headphone/headset holder. It was originally bundled in with the S340 Elite. It is strong enough to also hold a VR headset like the Vive headset.

I think the thought process was to include it with the S340 elite to compliment the HDMI pass through that the S340 Elite has to position it strongly as a case for VR enthusiasts as it adds another feature for VR users. But as not everyone has a Vive many people started using it for their headphones and NZXT started to receive many requests for a way to purchase a puck as a standalone product...I know this because I did contact them in regard to getting one before they actually launched it as a product as I wanted one to use with my H440.

I suppose it is a bit overpriced for what is essentially rubber with magnets, you can pick one up for around £20...I managed to get mine for around £15 so they are not mega pricey. I'm sure when more stores stock them the price may go down thanks to competition and you may be able to pick one up on special offer relatively cheaply one day if you're willing to shop around and wait for an offer.

They are actually pretty useful to be honest, it holds a decent length of cable and can be split into two halves and stuck apart from each other extending the length of cable that it can hold which I'm sure will be handy for some people.

Much like a lot of the enthusiast products available, its definitely more of a want item than a need item, but a fair few people do want it. the one I purchased has already been stolen by my youngest brother haha.

Back
Top Bottom