• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Please help.

Associate
As above… take the cooler off and double check the plastic cover or sticker has been removed. It’s easily done to miss it and leave it on there. I’ve done it myself and the symptoms are exactly what you describe.

Associate
Just to clarify, a fair amount of CPU usage while Steam is downloading is expected, especially on faster internet connections 300mbit+. Steam downloads the updates compressed and decompresses them on the fly, consuming CPU.

That said, your temps seem a bit high for a 13900K at 30% usage. Either your cooler mount is not correct or your motherboard is pumping a lot of volage into the CPU by default.

Soldato
Sounds like your AIO has an air bubble trapped in it, hence why temps spike as soon a small amount of load hits the CPU. Try unmounting the rad shanking it a bit to free any trapped air, failing that then return it.

Associate
If your CPU load/temps are spiking the second you plug in an ethernet cable than there is something else off with this other than just the cooler. If the cooler is not mounted properly or not working, then the load from just booting into Windows would be enough to cause thermal issues. Booting should use far more system resources than an idle network connection!!

You need to check task manager to see what process is causing 30% CPU load when an ethernet cable is plugged in to diagnose this further.

Associate
How is your rad mounted. If it’s standing up the pipes need to be at the bottom as that’s where the pump is. If the pump has been running dry bit might might be buggered. Please tell me the fans are connected in the right direction on the rad and are connected to fan headers . A picture of your setup will help.

Back
Top Bottom