Plusnet and FTTP connection settings for router

I switched to PlusNet FTTP recently and used the VLAN settings on my UniFi Cloud Gateway tea but it didn’t work until I removed the VLAN settings so can also confirm they are not needed.

Mums PN is on FTTP and I set the MikroTik router up for it. No VLAN needed! VLAN is only needed for the FTTC service.

Code:
/interface pppoe-client
add add-default-route=yes disabled=no interface=ether1_wan max-mtu=1492 name=\
    pppoe-out1_plusnet profile=default-encryption user=\
    [email protected]

Thanks, good for the confirmation. Their advice and website is not correct with the settings I was told were needed. I did ring them up and let them know.

Thanks, good for the confirmation. Their advice and website is not correct with the settings I was told were needed. I did ring them up and let them know.
From your first post. It's just the reverse of what you have. UN&PWD for FTTP, UN,PWD,VLAN for FTTC.
Always been the case
<however>
In the early days of FTTC when routers didn't have VDSL modem chips, Openreach provided modems for you, these did the VLAN element so you only needed UN&PWD. Some people keep one of these modems in a draw just in case (yes I have 2).

When the routers progressed ot having VDSL modems that's when needing to VLAN tag on the routers started to become a thing, it was similar earlier with ADSL needing VPI/VCI as well.

From your first post. It's just the reverse of what you have. UN&PWD for FTTP, UN,PWD,VLAN for FTTC.
Always been the case
<however>
In the early days of FTTC when routers didn't have VDSL modem chips, Openreach provided modems for you, these did the VLAN element so you only needed UN&PWD. Some people keep one of these modems in a draw just in case (yes I have 2).

When the routers progressed ot having VDSL modems that's when needing to VLAN tag on the routers started to become a thing, it was similar earlier with ADSL needing VPI/VCI as well.

You are describing what I have had for almost ten years of FTTC....

1725101941706-1.jpg

In fact I remember buying that Huawei branded one from eBay as it was better at the time that the one OR provided.

Have had both plusnet fttc and now fttp
Both worked fine without touching any settings
Other than [email protected]
And password
Main thing is you know what the password is
Its password used to sign into plusnet account/member centre

Always used my own routers
Got probably 3 brand new unused hub 2 here somewhere
But some hauwei ax3 at 30 quid each gives me a cheap
Mesh network
Which gives me the full 500Mbs over both wired and WiFi
And wifi 6 and wpa3