Plusnet Discussion Thread

Soldato
Plusnet price rise announced folks - £1 increase and you can leave contract penalty free.

Jumped on live chat and Plusnet offered to keep my Fibre Extra (76Mb) plan @ £26pm - which was to match Vodafone's current fibre plan offer.

However instead I have jumped on BT's 52Mb plan £29.99pm. Bagged myself the £130 reward card and £95 via Top Cashback - a free £225 is too good to pass up. :)
Best I could get was £30.48/mo (£13.99/mo plus £197.88/yr for line rental) for 2 years. >_>

Soldato
@DragonQ a whole £1.50pm off their new pricing? Lol, did you highlight Vodafone's current fibre offer? Soon as I mentioned it he matched it @ £26pm that was on Fibre Extra (76Mb) too.

I sorted my parent's Plusnet bill and kept them on PN, another gent also matched them the £26pm offer. He actually did it at £25pm for 2 months then 16 months at £25.96pm for whatever strange reason.

Personally I've gone to BT now but hey-ho, transfer over on 25th April :p

Soldato
@DragonQ a whole £1.50pm off their new pricing? Lol, did you highlight Vodafone's current fibre offer? Soon as I mentioned it he matched it @ £26pm that was on Fibre Extra (76Mb) too.

I sorted my parent's Plusnet bill and kept them on PN, another gent also matched them the £26pm offer. He actually did it at £25pm for 2 months then 16 months at £25.96pm for whatever strange reason.

Personally I've gone to BT now but hey-ho, transfer over on 25th April :p
Yep, contacted them again and immediately asked them to match Vodafone's offer. They did, although I'll still be subject to the £1/mo broadband increase in June so it's basically £27/mo. Add on my referral discounts and it's £24.50/mo, and if I also use line rental saver it'll be £22/mo. :D

Permabanned
Is Plusnet still pants or is it worth going for now? Any pros/cons? or would you say BT Infinity 2 is better?

PlusNet = £95 cashback
BT = £130 BT card + £85 Cashback

I'm swinging more for BT at the moment on their BT Infinity 2 package.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is Plusnet still pants or is it worth going for now? Any pros/cons? or would you say BT Infinity 2 is better?

PlusNet = £95 cashback
BT = £120 BT card
It's pretty much the same thing. BT is just more expensive (far more in some cases). They do have good cashback deals often though, plus they're probably better if you want BT Sport too. By the way, you can usually combine the BT gift card offers with cashback sites to get £200+ off.

Permabanned
It's pretty much the same thing. BT is just more expensive (far more in some cases). They do have good cashback deals often though, plus they're probably better if you want BT Sport too. By the way, you can usually combine the BT gift card offers with cashback sites to get £200+ off.

I've edited the rewards just to give the correct info. I'm posted in the PlusNet thread as well. Problem with PlusNet/Vodafone is that many people get more issues than on BT.

Soldato
I've edited the rewards just to give the correct info. I'm posted in the PlusNet thread as well. Problem with PlusNet/Vodafone is that many people get more issues than on BT.
Personally I haven't had any worse experience with Plusnet than with BT. In fact, most broadband issues I've had are actually Openreach issues, which you'll have with any ISP. What is relevant though is that Plusnet's support is from people who actually speak English well, BT's is not.

Soldato
The only downside I've found with Plusnet is excessive waiting times when you do need to speak to them. Once you are through they're pretty good in my experience.

If I wanted something better than Plusnet I'd be looking at Zen rather than BT.

Permabanned
Personally I haven't had any worse experience with Plusnet than with BT. In fact, most broadband issues I've had are actually Openreach issues, which you'll have with any ISP. What is relevant though is that Plusnet's support is from people who actually speak English well, BT's is not.

This is a plus point from PlusNet. Thanks

The only downside I've found with Plusnet is excessive waiting times when you do need to speak to them. Once you are through they're pretty good in my experience.

I'm already with Zen Internet, problem with this is the price. Suppose you can't have your cake and eat it. Do you know if they price match?

Man of Honour
Zen won't price match, you can only get what they advertise. I moved from Zen to PlusNet and the only difference that I notice is the price. Speed, reliability etc all the same.

Soldato

Depends what time you talk to them, I try to do it at work so it's fine but I have had to wait about an hour in the evening before. I normally use the live chat rather than calling them though, so I can do other stuff whilst waiting in the queue.

Permabanned
Zen won't price match, you can only get what they advertise. I moved from Zen to PlusNet and the only difference that I notice is the price. Speed, reliability etc all the same.

This is good to know, thank you. My decisions now is either PlusNet or BT. PlusNet want a month upfront and they don't give any MasterCard deals but they do give cashback through topcash back.

Soldato
Yep, contacted them again and immediately asked them to match Vodafone's offer. They did, although I'll still be subject to the £1/mo broadband increase in June so it's basically £27/mo. Add on my referral discounts and it's £24.50/mo, and if I also use line rental saver it'll be £22/mo. :D

I would ask them again (3rd time lucky) :p Just logged on my parent's Plusnet account, this is what they offered me after mentioning Vodafone.

So he's even kept it at £26pm from 5th June after the £1 discount for them lol.

A breakdown of your monthly bill is as follows:

Unlimited Fibre Broadband service: £6.00 per month then £7.00 per month from 5th June for 18 months then £15.99 per month thereafter
Line rental: £18.99 per month

Total £24.98 per month, then £25.98 per month from 5th June on a new 18 month contract

Soldato
I would ask them again (3rd time lucky) :p Just logged on my parent's Plusnet account, this is what they offered me after mentioning Vodafone.

So he's even kept it at £26pm from 5th June after the £1 discount for them lol.
I have Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband, not Unlimited Fibre Broadband.

Man of Honour
This is good to know, thank you. My decisions now is either PlusNet or BT. PlusNet want a month upfront and they don't give any MasterCard deals but they do give cashback through topcash back.
I've had poor experience of Indian call centres with BT before. PlusNet have been good when I've needed to speak to them. As mentioned, waiting times can be quite long so the best bet is to use web chat.

Soldato
I got my Unlimited Fibre Extra down to 11.99 and 12.99 after the price rise - was 19.99 (Have paid line rental saver)

Could maybe have haggled harder tbh, accepted their first offer.

Soldato
Yes, log in to your account and there should be a message in your broadband details about it.

I called them the other day and they matched Vodafone's offer immediately. As I have to unlimited calls package it takes me to £34 but that is cheaper than what I was paying before, so thanks for the heads up!

Back
Top Bottom