Plusnet Discussion Thread

Man of Honour
The short version is I do dev work at a company with an incompetent sysadmin. He frequently sets up rules that results in IP blocks of legitimate developer traffic and won't whitelist us, doesn't provide a VPN, blocks our private VPN, blocks datacenter IPs, etc. In the end the easiest option was to just get a home internet with a dynamic IP and swap it when his silly rules block it :p. Not too bothered about IPv6 at the moment.
Wow, what a douche. Doesn't your company use a VPN?

Last edited:
Associate
Wow, what a douche. Doesn't your company use a VPN?
When you ask for company VPN access and the 'sysadmin' responds with "what's a VPN" you know you're in for a good time. That's what happened here, I think it's one of the owners relatives who's good with computers :cry:

Last edited:

~cw

~cw

Associate
I would go Aquiss for the great customer service (I am an Aquiss customer by recommendation of a colleague), benefit from the static IP and dual stack v4/v6, and just use NordVPN or some other throwaway VPN service with hundreds of UK nodes for connecting in to the incompetent sysadmin's systems. Could even split tunnel it so you could just leave the client running and selectively VPN only your dev traffic.

Soldato
I recently went from plusnet FTTC to FTTP..
It went smoothly to be fair.. Low ping and up/down speeds as advertised.
Not much more to say about it really!

Associate
I recently did the same. Average ping increase of 1.5 using cloud fare speed test.

Service has been faultless but so was the FTTC. only really swapped because it was cheaper. The cabinet it in front of the house.

Soldato
I recently did the same. Average ping increase of 1.5 using cloud fare speed test.

Service has been faultless but so was the FTTC. only really swapped because it was cheaper. The cabinet it in front of the house.

I'm getting about 10ms with couldfare speed test (not used that one before) Ookla speed test, seems to vary between 10 -18ms, I don't think i've seen it above 20ms.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm getting about 10ms with couldfare speed test (not used that one before) Ookla speed test, seems to vary between 10 -18ms, I don't think i've seen it above 20ms.
Abouth the same then. I will be moving off on renewal but only because by then toob will be available. 900mb symmetrical for £25 I don't think can be beaten.

Back
Top Bottom