• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Point in 680?

Soldato
if you're that smart then you should be wise enough to realise that it's rumours only and leave it at that, after all; you dont hear me complaining when you attack each other like pathetic kids, over all that 7970 vs 680 ****.... all that fanboy garbage

so dont talk to me about decent intellectual postings, especially when you've been attacking me over on the other thread, calling me a liar.

I didn't actually call you a liar. I said you were posting unsourced rubbish - which you are.

Why are you banding me in with all that hysteria of 7970 vs 680? Now you really are lying.

Soldato
I didn't actually call you a liar. I said you were posting unsourced rubbish - which you are.

Why are you banding me in with all that hysteria of 7970 vs 680? Now you really are lying.

no, i'm saying ``you lot aren't all decent intellectual posters``... which you were hinting is the case, because there are loads of threads here that go way over the top, my reference to you was more about the other thread, where your postings point to you being similar to them, after all, you attacked me first and quite a lot before i finally got fed up with you.

you also tried to get others to join in on your side ... Gregster and Andybird, but they aren't quite as insulting as you, that's for sure

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't attack you - I said you were (are) becoming tedious. Which you are. If that's insulting then stop posting the same rubbish over and over and man up.

I don't understand the rest of your post, sorry :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't attack you - I said you were (are) becoming tedious. Which you are. I don't understand the rest of your post, sorry :(

you see there you go again..... ``TEDIOUS which you are``, this drives me wild, you're annoying me on purpose aren't you...STILL

i am bound to respond to this aren't i, so you'd better wise up or both of us will get suspended.

you're not on my Xmas card list that's for sure!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Move along people. Nothing to see here.

Just two grown men arguing over computer hardware.

comical_ali.jpg

Soldato
regulus said:
The question for me is, what are you people playing that needs a £500 graphics card? :p
It would be that if your buying it without selling they're previous card...

Same with CPU's, Motherboards, people moan about the prices yet their selling their previous rigs...

Soldato
the oc 680s that are coming out right now aren't just a bit more expensive are they, they're a total rip off..... this is mentioned often by members here

finally, this is close in price to the GTX 685 due out soon, and i'd much rather have this card than the 680... especially if you wait an extra month and get an after market version of this 685 card instead....WOW :cool:

ANY new top of the range graphics card is a rip off. Go back on my thread start history and 8800's were selling for £500. You pick them up for £15 now in some places. I've rarely paid more than £100 for a card and still kill every game out there with high FPS on my lowly (2nd hand) 5870 (soon to be in Xfire).

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't mind spending £100 to £200 on a new graphics card each year after I have sold my previous latest tech. Maybe it's a lot of money to some people and they can't afford it, I can so I don't really care. :D

Some people blow that in a few nights out, in one hole out the other lol.
Rusty0611 said:
One day you'll actually buy a card and be in that position rather than dreaming about it :)
lol you maybe right, seems like a few people have a chip on they're shoulders because a lot of people can afford to buy the latest tech as soon as it comes out. :(

Associate
its like buying a lambo or a ferrari, personal pref

but instead choosing the 680/7970 is more of a punto/clio choice, as the fastest thing is being witheld ^^ lol

just joking, but still, knowing that they already have models that are faster than the current ready for release, but holding back to reel in the profits of throttled consumerism, must feel like a rip-off for those who have spent so much for such cards.

That is not to say the price will decrease, it is actually more likely that prices of the 'top' cards to come will be EVEN MORE! If they are, people should simply stop buying, but because benchmarking/computer upgrading is like part-addiction people will never stop paying stupid money so long as they have it to spend.

The prices are getting ridiculous. but it wont stop while people pay up.

Soldato
ObixConstant said:
Meh, still going to buy two 4GB 680's especially considering there's a 10% discount next week oh yeah.
Nice one, I can't wait, I'm going on a mini spending spree! I just hope Ivybridge is for sale before the discount runs out lol. :)

Soldato
when the new cards arrive, you'll see many members here seduced by them, just like they were by the 680, i've a long memory i'm waiting to see what certain members here do, so i'll definitely be commenting in august, do you think i'll have the last laugh because i think i will... you wait and see.

but if i'm wrong about all my speculation then i'll admit it :cool:

finally and slightly more obvious, if you see my sig you'll see that i'm about to buy a card and not one in two years time, why ? well because the stuff in my sig will be out of date by then, so there's no point building a rig now is there, come on guys this is fairly obvious you've missed this.

Last edited:
Caporegime
when the new cards arrive, you'll see many members here seduced by them, just like they were by the 680, i've a long memory i'm waiting to see what certain members here do, so i'll definitely be commenting in august, do you think i'll have the last laugh because i think i will... you wait and see.

but if i'm wrong about all my speculation then i'll admit it :cool:

finally and slightly more obvious, if you see my sig you'll see that i'm about to buy a card and not one in two years time, why ? well because the stuff in my sig will be out of date by then, so there's no point building a rig now is there, come on guys this is fairly obvious you've missed this.

Buy now and worry about the future later bro....Haswell/Maxwell will make our systems redundant.

Live for today and....you know the rest :)

Soldato

No we just don't care ;)

Back
Top Bottom