Pokemon Gift Help Please :)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Howdy,

My eldest, who is almost 4, found a Pokemon encyclopedia book which was an index of all the Pokemon with descriptions of each. He loves me reading each one to him and likes learning about what each do as well as asking questions about their appearance etc.

He's never seen Pokemon, no idea what it is yet apart from what I've explained to him, I think I'll show him the cartoons when he gets a little older.

I'd like to buy him something age appropriate but I have no idea about Pokemon and there are a million things out there when I google. I know I could simply get him cuddly toys or even figures but I think he loves the learning aspect and being inquisitive about what each does etc. so I was wondering if any of you guys knew of anything related that I could get him as a gift?

Thanks in advance :)
NVP
Edit: LCB! Dammit!

Last edited:
Soldato
Thou shall buy three Pokemon toys. A Squirtle, a Charmander and a Bulbasaur. You shall lay all three down in front of him and he must only pick one..... If he picks Bulbasaur you are to leave him at the nearest adoption agency, never to return.

Man of Honour
Thou shall buy three Pokemon toys. A Squirtle, a Charmander and a Bulbasaur. You shall lay all three down in front of him and he must only pick one..... If he picks Bulbasaur you are to leave him at the nearest adoption agency, never to return.

What Bulbasaur was always my favourite, at least when I had the original game on the gameboy.... This is some sort of incorrect information.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Original set of Gen 1 first edition cards?
Oh the cards look decent, some small info to help him with his reading. Do you play like Top Trumps?

A gameboy and one of the original games?

Could get pokemon go on your phone and go out for adventures with the lure of playing pokemon at the same time too?
A gameboy is a bit too much for him atm, but definitely soon. Pokemon Go is a great idea! I can take both kids out and go hunting :) Thank you!

Hahaha poor SideWinder!

Pokemon colouring book?
He's grown away from colouring books now he's started drawing things himself, but thanks for the suggestion :)

Hahaha - I might just get him a few different ones if he gets into it :)

I was wondering if there were any educational type pokemon games, but maybe sticking with the books and possibly the cards would be a good way to get him reading more :)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Ah nah I haven't got a switch, I've got a Wii U somewhere if there're any good ones on that. I'm sure he'd learn to play that quite quickly with the remote.

Man of Honour
Pokemon Smile is a teeth brushing app that rewards kids for brushing their teeth. I'm sure some will claim that's bad because children should be taught the value of brushing their teeth for health reasons rather than gamifying it, but it's fairly simple and safe to use.

Associate
Pokemon Trainer Guess

sounds like a good gift. my son (6) loves his, had it for about a year. Basically its a guess who for pokemon. Ball asks yes no questions about your pokemon, then tries to guess which one you are thinking of.

190040-3.jpg

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Pokemon Smile is a teeth brushing app that rewards kids for brushing their teeth. I'm sure some will claim that's bad because children should be taught the value of brushing their teeth for health reasons rather than gamifying it, but it's fairly simple and safe to use.
Thanks :) But whilst he's still young we have a nice bedtime routine and I worry that an App stimulus might corrupt it. But thanks :)

sounds like a good gift. my son (6) loves his, had it for about a year. Basically its a guess who for pokemon. Ball asks yes no questions about your pokemon, then tries to guess which one you are thinking of.
That does look great! I think perhaps he's a little young but I think I will give it a go as something we can do together and will help him with his reading :) Thank you so much!

Permabanned
My 4 year old little girl loves Pokemon. We play Pokemon Go all the time but shes got quite a few figures as well. As mentioned though, the Pokemon teeth brushing app is great. Couple of minutes while she gets sorted in the bathroom before bed and a story and its never affected sleep or anything like that. I bought a load of cards off the bay and filled a big binder but shes never bothered with them as the games just too old for her.

Shes just been in for an operation on her hernia so we got her a big snuggly Pikachu pillow for about £30 which she loves as well but her Pokemon knowledge in general is off the charts. She can name pretty much every one of them and even the evolutions. She give me a 5 minute run down on Giga-maxing this morning that I had no idea what she was on about!

Back
Top Bottom