1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Police dealing with incident on London Bridge amid reports of shots fired

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by terley, Nov 29, 2019.

1. C.R.A.Z.Y

Soldato

You implied that, your prejudice was clear for all to see.

Maybe some of you who are using this horrific attack to further your racist/anti immigrant agenda should take not of what the father said about Jack:

[​IMG]

Or maybe from Jack himself:

[​IMG]

Sounds like we lost a loving, kind and compassionate soul. RIP Jack

2. thenewoc

Soldato

Sadly all it proves is what most people realise and that's some are not possible to be turned around and reintegrated.

3. Django x2

Capodecina

@Greebo @dowie give it a sodding rest. Page after page of your playground bickering. Two people are dead and all you two can do is behave like morons. If neither of you have anything useful or sensible to say, which seems to be the case so far, the say nothing at all. You'll both appear far more intelligent.

Show some respect and shut up.

4. 200sols

Mobster

Indeed. I don’t see how people can even start to defend releasing people like this back into the public.

5. Tony Edwards

Mobster

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ker-had-asked-for-help-to-deradicalise-lawyer

6. MeEsH BaKkA

Mobster

I don’t have much to add but I feel the Polish tusk guy and the plain clothes copper should be given the George Cross for their actions.

The convicted murderer, despite his unforgivable crime should also be recognised but no awards. He may be rehabilitated he may not but, his actions quite possible helped stop any other deaths/injuries. I’ve heard some news reports the terrorist announced he had a suicide vest in fishmongers hall, it makes sense he would as it may deter people trying to apprehend him. If that it the case then the it makes the actions of the murderer and Narwal tusk warrior even more exceptional and deserving of recognition.

The willingness of people to politicise this event does disappoint me though, questions need to be asked of course but attacks such as these I suspect could happen regardless of funding or political climate.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  7. HEADRAT

Capodecina

I love the fact that this ISIS coward was brought down by a couple of members of the general public armed with those well known offensive weapons of a fire extinguisher and a 5 foot Narwhal tusk!!!

Those guys were obviously not terrorised by him and gave him a good dose of decency/bravery and care for their fellow citizens, amazing.

8. Caracus2k

Soldato

What obvious nonsence he told the authorities what he thought they needed to hear to secure his release nothing more nothing less

Changing one's views as I have said before is something that needs to be accomplished internally other people can help and may provide the questions to start the process but the idea that someone who apparently has realised their ideology is deficient needs someone to hold their hands so they don't go out and get all stabby in the name of said ideology is risible.

9. garnett

Soldato

Actually, on reflection, you're right.

I think it was me projecting, and the "narrative" was the wrong assumption I made that it was "So British that this guy was taken down by plucky Brits with a narwhal tusk and a fire extinguisher."

10. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

This scumbags execution was glorious to watch on Twitter....its just a shame he killed two people before it happened.
    As for the whole release issue, its clear Priti Patel can not be trusted, shes mouthing on Twitter to labour about policies that are flat out lies! Pretty gross.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  11. NiCkNaMe

Mobster

I actually think it's really pertinent given this is a real and present threat. We need confidence that a new government can deal with it, so it's legitimate debate IMO.

12. garnett

Soldato

13. robfosters

Caporegime

Must be bloody awful for that girls family to see their daughters murderer be lauded as a hero.

14. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

Who's calling him a hero?

15. Uther

Capodecina

Well in this particular instance he sort of was wasn't he. Difficult...

16. robfosters

Caporegime

Everyone was at first.

17. Uther

Capodecina

The press of course, most likely before they did some digging. What can they do now, say '4 heroes and a murderer'

18. terley

Mobster

Under tory changes hed still be in prison, sentances arent retroactive

19. Tony Edwards

Mobster

Thats 3 heros, 1 murderer and a pole after further digging. ;)

20. thenewoc

Soldato

There's got to be the opportunity for turning over a new leaf though too and in this instance you couldn't have more of an example of two individuals at polar opposites. Just goes to show in the heat of the moment someone with a bad past can instinctively know not only a right course of action but a very brave one too. I don't think it detracts from his earlier conviction it just goes to show someone needn't not change because of their past.