Police hunt suspect after wife and two daughters of BBC commentator killed

Associate
@Maple Leaf The point I was trying to make was about banning weapons designed to kill.

A machete would undoubtedly kill someone but it isn't designed to kill.

Nevertheless, machetes are about to be banned by the government because of the violent crimes of gangs of inner-city youths. It was in the Labour manifesto.

hypothetically what about shotguns , hunting catapults and high power air rifles?

Shotguns are already regulated under the Shotgun Certificate system and are needed for vermin control in farming etc.

Catapults are a joke, but apparently the Home Office is currently doing a consultation on legislating to regulate/ban them.

High Power Air Rifles? Any air weapon with over 12 foot-pounds of energy is already regulated by the Firearm Certificate system.

Soldato
Looking at the footage in the clip below, with the killer walking from the house to his car with the 3 foot crossbow (typical Sun embellishment) covered up, to me looks like clear intent to kill with what ever weapon he could get.

It's all very sad.

Soldato
Theres an epidemic of knife crime in the capital but I don't see politicians rushing to do anything about that I guess its easy to pick the low hanging fruit though always good for a photo op/sound bite.
The UK lawbooks are full of crimes brought in because of media attention. Hitting some with a stick, hitting someone with a pointy stick, hitting someone with a point stick whilst having a cross face, endless variations on the same crime. We're pretty ban happy too. The law abiding majority being punished for often highly infrequent unusual instances. All driven as you imply to create the impression that something is being done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom