Police pull motorist for driving too slowly

Caporegime
Correct and that's why there's no accidents, oh wait...people do silly things and ruin your day!

People do silly things whether you're overtaking or not though. I was crashed in to whilst driving along a straight road in perfect conditions observing the speed limit on my side of the road.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yup true. I was hit last year as well just plodding down the motorway.

I guess its all about limiting the chances, why increase your chances of a crash to get somewhere a few seconds quicker?

Caporegime
Yup true. I was hit last year as well just plodding down the motorway.

I guess its all about limiting the chances, why increase your chances of a crash to get somewhere a few seconds quicker?

Round here it's not a few seconds. Most of the roads are NSL single carriageways. You get stuck behind someone and you're behind them for 5, 10, 15 miles.

Soldato
15 miles @ 40mph = 22min 30sec
15 miles @ 60mph = 15min 00sec

I guess that's kind of annoying. Though your ave speed on the NSL probably wouldn't be 60mph even if clear.

Soldato
if 8 or 10 other people do not think its safe... are you sure you are not in the wrong? possibly only one in every few hundred drivers would make that move...

think how long you are on the wrong side of the road, doing 60/70/80...

If all those people voted for Trump are sure YOU are not the stupid one for not doing it?

Soldato
15 miles @ 40mph = 22min 30sec
15 miles @ 60mph = 15min 00sec

I guess that's kind of annoying. Though your ave speed on the NSL probably wouldn't be 60mph even if clear.

My commute is 32 miles.

If I don't encounter much traffic it's a 40 minute drive.

If I get stuck behind a lorry, or an idiot doing 40 you can nearly double that on some days, because the amount of time it takes isn't a pure time and motion study with no other variables.

Last edited:
Soldato
The last time I overtook someone it was a Clio sat at 35 in a 60, I indicated, started to pass him and he floored it.

When I finished passing him and moved back over he put his full beam on. The road was perfectly straight and you could see easily if another car was coming, not that any were because it was about 1AM.

Soldato
The last time I overtook someone it was a Clio sat at 35 in a 60, I indicated, started to pass him and he floored it.

When I finished passing him and moved back over he put his full beam on. The road was perfectly straight and you could see easily if another car was coming, not that any were because it was about 1AM.

Why do people get so stroppy and personally insulted if overtaken? Its why I don't usually bother trying because I have a whole 85 horses to play with so when people decide to behave like that I cant get past them and I don't intend to be on the wrong side of the road inadvertently drag racing some idiot.

Associate
In New Zealand you get ticketed for driving too slowly, because on their state highways having a line of frustrated drivers behind you when you are only doing 50k is considered "inconsiderate driving". I, not being inconsiderate, drove around at 100k.

Soldato
Thing is, what constitutes "Too Slow"?

On windy roads, I will maintain a speed that ensures I am always at least 4 seconds away from the "Vanishing point"

My aim is not to drive at a speed where I can stop in the visible distance, but rather half of it.

Remember, I am not just aiming to avoid stationary obstacles. I am also aiming to avoid colliding with vehicles that might be coming towards me and will also need time and space to stop in.

It is my observation that following traffic often feels I am driving more slowly than they would like, but I feel my reasoning, and therefore the speeds I chose, are sound and justifiable.

Back
Top Bottom