Police Taser their own race relations adviser in Bristol

Caporegime
Interesting that instead of answering Asims question with a simple Yes or No as repeated asked and saving everyone time, effort and a dozen posts he chose to exercise his right not to spend 5 seconds on a simple answer and instead obfuscated and so generated rafts of posts and argument. In Bristol this kind of behaviour can get you Tazered apparently. ;)

Given Dis86 stated position in this thread Captain Irony is well pleased with his work here. :D

Given that Asim posted a link from that thread, why didn't he just read it? Asim was the one that repeatedly asked and received the same answer.

Soldato
So you were commenting on incomplete evidence and therefore doing nothing but making things up.

So just to summarise what you've said so far;

• You don't have to give your details to the police - WRONG you do if they're attempting to charge you with something.On that video I cannot see them arrest or attempt to arrest him, they try to remove him from his property, information backed up by a bystander who knew the guy.
  • The man was not arrested - WRONG He was charged with two offences. The charges were later dropped (wonder why...) Probably as legally the police hadn't a leg to stand on with video evidence froma 3rd party and a history of unlawful arrest on him...
  • The police were rude and aggressive - WRONG They were polite and spoke to him respectfully. He innitiated the aggression. They approached him, the video cut to moments later where they wrestled him off his property and she shot him in the face. Totally legit.

Caporegime
Oh come on - you have to admit it's smile worthy... go on, you know you want to...

I think his constant self embarrassments are hilarious. Like the one in this thread where he made a very bold (and possibly libelous) claim and then conceded after being repeatedly asked for a source that he'd made it up!

Soldato
Lets be honest though I doubt she intended to shoot him in the face. More likely inept rather than malicious.

Is there an uncut video as I couldn't find it. All of them seem to jump from midway in the street to at the gate.

Soldato
Lets be honest though I doubt she intended to shoot him in the face. Most likely ineptitude rather than malice.

Is there an uncut video as I couldn't find it. All of them seem to jump from midway in the street to at the gate.

Lack of warning and aiming too high, this girl needs more training or a different vocation. That had to hurt immensely.

Soldato
Lack of warning and aiming too high, this girl needs more training or a different vocation.

Indeed. She clearly needs retraining at a minimum.

Although again we don't have the full story.

I would hate to think officers like that are given weapons(assuming it is just like we saw in the video).

Caporegime
Indeed. She clearly needs retraining at a minimum.

Although again we don't have the full story.

I would hate to think officers like that are given weapons.

It's as I said earlier in the thread. She could have been excellent when it comes to training but training and reality are two very different things.

Soldato
It's as I said earlier in the thread. She could have been excellent when it comes to training but training and reality are two very different things.

I agree, Adrenalin can do some odd things to people, I think the male officer should have been taking the lead though. There were no weapons on show and when she shot him he was at well over arms length, the male officer should have been more active in subduing the guy more peacefully.

Caporegime
No one's really said, I don't think, but why is the police relationship officer for who ever he represents such a complete moron when it comes to dealing with police? I would have thought he would b able to conduct himself a bit more professionaly too, maybe avoiding all this nonsense?

Soldato
No one's really said, I don't think, but why is the police relationship officer for who ever he represents such a complete moron when it comes to dealing with police? I would have thought he would b able to conduct himself a bit more professionaly too, maybe avoiding all this nonsense?

Just about to mention this, why is such a totally anti-police, playing the victim, uncivilised douchebag representing the black community to the police?

Soldato
I think his constant self embarrassments are hilarious. Like the one in this thread where he made a very bold (and possibly libelous) claim and then conceded after being repeatedly asked for a source that he'd made it up!

You still dont get it do you? It's okay. It doesn't matter.

You still think its possible to have a source for things which cant even possibly have a source.

Arent you embarrassed by that?

You still think that black criminals committing the same crime as white criminals aren't the same because there isnt a source to tell you it's the same.

Aren't you embarrassed by that?

You still think that something seen on live tv, could possibly have an external source.

Arent you embarrassed by these several deficiencies in you inability to reason?

Yet you think I feel embarrassed because YOU keep crying for sources on problems which only need logical reasoning ability?

Stop trying to project your own embarrassment onto others. Its an internal emotional response limited to one self. And I have nothing to be embarrassed about.

Associate
Lets be honest though I doubt she intended to shoot him in the face. More likely inept rather than malicious.

I agree, doubt she intended to hit his face. Look at her body language (she's stiff especially her free arm and look at her facial expression); I think she's just completely out of her element and unable to deal with those situations.

At a minimum needs retraining or she shouldn't be a police officer at all seems to have a complete lack of confidence and looks a liability in confrontation which is pretty much part of the job of police.

Associate
Just about to mention this, why is such a totally anti-police, playing the victim, uncivilised douchebag representing the black community to the police?

Some people have different experiences in life that change their reactions. Also he was an innocent victim, not guilty of any offence, maybe he could have handled it better. But if you had previous bad experience at the hands of police how would you react? Would you give your name if you thought you were being unfairly treated?

As an example if you had a customer needing some sort of help, would you go further to help them if they were polite or confrontational? I would certainly be more likely to go beyond my basic duty if they they were polite.

Soldato
So he looks like a known criminal then. Easy to see why they were interested in him isn't it? Maybe if he'd not acted like a prat and had given his name then he could have been merrily on his way?

By looks like, you mean, by being black?

A lot of white people look a like, this doesn't happen to white people.

Back
Top Bottom