Polishing CPU Die

Thanks for the info.. i'll do a bit more testing this week.

In terms of the glue, i purchased the CPU from MM which was already delidded and glue applied.. but polishing the die did help the temps a bit by around 2 degrees.

This is mine with polish cores, just removed it yesterday and cleaned it up to fit the new TG Micro Direct Die Pro water block, the difference is night and day, its quite shocking how 1 revision has made such a difference, you can see in this pict that the glue stuff that AMD puts on covers pretty much all of the SMD's

EeE4Yzg.jpeg

With the new block:

LfFdJvn.jpeg

Last edited:
yeah after discussions with Roman, it seems more people had issues with the original TG block in terms of idle and load temps, and he mentioned it was due to the nickel plating properties, which from his video, they sourced another supplier of, and redesigned the fin density of the new block.

After polishing the die even more (as i was bored), and retesting applying more/less LM, my CPU now idles in the late 30s/early 40s which is to be expected and never goes beyond 72c on CB23, 55c on OCCT large dataset. All fans at 500rpm

That said, while -30 CO and thermal limit of 75 was stable during benchmarking, not so much during general use/gaming, with it often crashing, so i knocked it back to -28. Too lazy to do per core.. maybe when i have some free time.

I think i've repasted it enough to the point i'm not gonna get any better.. but think it could be related to the restriction of the loop.. with the number of QD i'm using temporarily, will see what temps are like when i go back to hard line.

RSk1a7s.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom