Poll: ** The official Apple TV 4K thread (the 2021 model has a new remote and everything!) **

Are you buying the 4K Apple TV?

• Yes

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • No

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Not at the moment, maybe later

Votes: 55 33.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Nope. You can create a US iTunes account without a VPN.

I use iTunes gift cards if I want to buy a film from a UV only studio like Sony or Warner Bros, or buy digital codes for the others.

Tried creating a US itunes account, can't get past the payment options at the moment, there is no 'not now' option, keeps asking for credit card or paypal to complete account setup.

Last edited:
Soldato
Really impressed so far, all the 4K films are priced really good, the Martian is £10, It for preorder at £13, it’s £25 in most places.

War for the planet of the apes is only £10 to preorder too.

Soldato
If you buy then you own forever. Items downloaded to your system are m4v format which will only play through iTunes.

I tried using vlc and media player and both refused to work.

You can stream through the Appletv but it doesn’t download to the box.

Soldato
Does anyone know if there is a UV code website like this for the UK?

https://cheapuvcodes.com/

Or can i redeem UV codes through iTunes or do they have to be specific iTunes codes?

I have just purchased 2 codes from that website which worked great on my US account but i would like to buy them for my UK account too.

Soldato
Does anyone know if there is a UV code website like this for the UK?

https://cheapuvcodes.com/

Or can i redeem UV codes through iTunes or do they have to be specific iTunes codes?

I have just purchased 2 codes from that website which worked great on my US account but i would like to buy them for my UK account too.

Most digital copies with UK blurays are UV not iTunes.

Associate
OP
Just finished watching Transformers: The Last Knight-absolutely stunning. You’d be hard pushed to tell any difference between the 4K streaming version and the disc. And even if you could, it would be negligible at best.

Soldato
Just finished watching Transformers: The Last Knight-absolutely stunning. You’d be hard pushed to tell any difference between the 4K streaming version and the disc. And even if you could, it would be negligible at best.

I thought it was 16th it was out is it available now ?

Soldato
Sign up to a US iTunes account, it’s much cheaper than buying them from the uk iTunes.

Also as I was told on here, you can have both the US and UK accounts signed in together and just choose which one you want to use.

Soldato
Sign up to a US iTunes account, it’s much cheaper than buying them from the uk iTunes.

Also as I was told on here, you can have both the US and UK accounts signed in together and just choose which one you want to use.

Just done it easy to do. I now have both a uk and us account on my Apple TV. You have to select which one but hardly a hardship for the savings....

Cheers

Soldato
My Apple TV keeps reverting back to 60Hz SDR whenever I put it to sleep, I thought if I chose 60Hz HDR it would stay set to that.

Maybe I’ll have to leave it on and not put it to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom