Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Yes - 44mm non cellular

Votes: 47 33.6%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 49 35.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
S3 bands fit the S4. Strange to see an S3 aftermarket band not fit

Indeed. I know they can sometimes be a tight fit on previous generations because the tolerances are so fine - they have a video about it somewhere - but apparently fractions of a mm are enough to cause an issue. Good thing the Sport Loop band I got with it is nice.

As for the thing itself, I’m in love with how much bigger the screen is and it’s definitely got a thinner feel about it without the increase in height being as noticeable. An iPhone 4 moment for the Watch.

Soldato
At work zzz, might as well throw a pic in to the ring... loop band is pretty comfy and will be fine for the gym, but I want my Juuk ones back for more formal occasions.

zlrz14.jpg

That's an arm hair not a scratch btw :D

Soldato
I’m sure the people giving you flack spend their money on stuff that most consider a waste, the only person that has to justify it is yourself and I went for the SS. After 2 years the screen on my Series 2 was still completely perfect, I’m not risking screen scratches and I wanted LTE anyway.

Soldato
I’m sure the people giving you flack spend their money on stuff that most consider a waste, the only person that has to justify it is yourself and I went for the SS. After 2 years the screen on my Series 2 was still completely perfect, I’m not risking screen scratches and I wanted LTE anyway.

Thanks, very sensible and I agree with the screen scratches, my series 0 is perfect after 4 years...

Currently with 3, so the cellular is wasted... might have to see about changing to EE / Vodafone.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
My Space Black Stainless Steel.

lUEta5n.jpg.png

I'm going to see if I can pickup a Milanese Loop in the week as well a long with the sports band.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone gone for SS? I’ve gone from a series 0 to 4 in SS (couldn’t downgrade to aluminium). Getting a load of flack for being mugged for the extra £320!

I have. I'm also going from a series 0 SS to series 4. Looking forward to an upgrade.

I personally think that the SS is much smarter, particularly with a good strap, than the aluminium.

Man of Honour
With a lack of an "edition" this time I've gone for Gold/Gold SS to compliment my gold XSMax, only downside is delivery date.

Delivers 17 Oct - 24 Oct
Apple Watch Series 4 GPS + Cellular, 44mm Gold Stainless Steel Case with Gold Milanese Loop

Soldato
With a lack of an "edition" this time I've gone for Gold/Gold SS to compliment my gold XSMax, only downside is delivery date.

Delivers 17 Oct - 24 Oct
Apple Watch Series 4 GPS + Cellular, 44mm Gold Stainless Steel Case with Gold Milanese Loop

I'll be interested in seeing that new colour. Did you ever look at the ceramic S3 watches? I thought they were quite nice - had I upgraded last year, I'd have looked at those.

You may find that that delivery date is very conservative, also :)

Soldato
I have. I'm also going from a series 0 SS to series 4. Looking forward to an upgrade.

I personally think that the SS is much smarter, particularly with a good strap, than the aluminium.

You'll be in for a treat.

SS is smarter for sure, suppose it comes down to usage - 90% of the time I'm in an informal setting so I'm quite happy to have a smart watch that looks like a smart watch and the Juuk aluminium bands I have (... once the connectors are updated anyway) serves for that 10% whe I do want it to look a little snazzier. If I had a more formal job then it'd be the other way round. The sapphire glass is obviously a bonus too but tbh I only scratched my S3 screen via some sharp rivets in the cuffs of a denim jacket I have and avoiding making the same mistake twice it stayed injury-free till I sold it yesterday.

Soldato
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong - of course the aluminium with a good strap is fine. I've done quite a bit of financial services / legal sector consultancy, and that sort of thing, so do dress smartly quite often :) At least, that's my excuse ;)

Soldato
Finally got to see one today. It is a nice watch. A very good upgrade from an S0/S1/S2 but only very slight from an S3. It is making me think about whether to do it this year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom