• Yes - 44mm non cellular

Votes: 47 33.6%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 49 35.0%

• Total voters
Commissario
vkneSh0.png

Full details here

Despite the fact that it's more expensive than last year, I'll be getting a 44mm cellular version. I like the larger face and I really like the fact that the edges are getting more rounded.

Will you be buying one, if so, which version?

Commissario
OP
Anyone recommend good third party straps? Ordered a silver alu but want a black band to complement, too stingy to pay Apple prices though.
There's quite a few listed in here.

I actually haven't pre-ordered my watch today despite what I said. I'm away on holiday in a few weeks so am keeping a close eye on my cash. I'll probably buy when I get home.

Commissario
OP
Personally I have found the cellular version useful when out excercising or at the gym, you don’t need your phone with you so is handy for streaming music and a few times I have managed to receive important phone calls without having my phone with me actually forgotten to take my phone with me to work a few times and still been able to get email and text without the tether
I agree with this - I've been out on my bike without my phone and had calls come through which I really didn't want to miss. For the few occasions I've used the watch to receive calls, it's been very useful.

Commissario
OP
Let just say someone offers me a good price on my S2 so I sold it lol so am back In the s4 club but sometime keep thinking if I be better with cellular but don’t think so as it extr £100 then £5 a month
You bought a S4, returned it, someone bought your S2 and so you bought another S4? How did you manage that so quickly, I thought the waiting list was weeks long :confused:

Commissario
OP
Unless the policy has changed, it probably won’t get replaced or repaired in store. They’ll send it away to be ‘tested’ and then you’ll most likely get a replacement. When my Series 3 packed up, that’s what happened to me and I lost a streak of over two years of closing my exercise rings.

Commissario
OP
I didn’t buy the series four and I’m now thinking that I’ll hold off updating my series three to see what comes out later this year. I don’t need to upgrade this one, it’s working perfectly well.

I am debating whether to bother with the cellular model next time though. Although I have used it a couple of times, it’s not been often enough to justify the extra initial cost and monthly payment.

Commissario
OP
Just got a new series 4 44mm celluar and its amazing - my only concern is the crown. I'm finding that sometimes it takes a couple of presses to respond, scrolling is perfect and using the crown with the ECG app works fine too its just when I use the crown as a button. Has anyone else experienced this?
If it's new, I'd get to an Apple store PDQ and ask for it to be replaced.

Commissario
OP
How do you guys keep it charged when away from home for a long period? Is the enclosed charger the only way to charge or can I use any Qi enabled wireless pad?
I am just thinking if I need to buy another thing to put in my travel kit bag and charge it at work or even if it runs out half way into a flight to Asia.
I keep a second official Apple Watch charger in the bag of chargers I keep in my travel kit.

Back
Top Bottom