• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
£1k sounds like a lot for a phone but £54 a month is much more palatable.

Eh? The idiots that buy mega expensive watches are far more ridiculous. Any £10 quartz watch thrashes the pants off a mechanical Omega / Rolex for accuracy.
Woosh - the point just went straight over your head :p

Associate
Those are luxury items. You cant buy a similar build watch for £100. Can you buy a similar specced iphone x? yea you can. note 8 or even the one plus 5 just to name a few.

People dont realise the fact that some worship <insert company/brand> as god lol

Tell me the differences between a £20 Vostok and a £20,000 Speedmaster? They both have the same type of mech...

Soldato
I'd like one but have no reason to buy one as my 6s is showing no signs of slowdown and runs all of the apps I use just fine.

I need a reason to upgrade really and none of the new handsets offer it for me.

I went from a Samsung Galaxy Nexus to the iPhone 5 cause I was fed up waiting on android versions of common apps and was getting fed up of android in general.

Then from the 5 to the 6 because of the bigger screen.

Then to the 6s for Touch ID and Apple Pay.

I can't think of a reason to get an 8 or an X now and like many on here the lack of Touch ID is putting me off

Soldato
This thread is absolutely hilarous!

How come none of the Android phone threads are like this? But instead just mature well rounded comments about the device in question?

No one uses touch ID/fingerprint?

Possibly because the iPhone is owned by very many adolesents - that is actually a fact.
I don’t need to convince myself, I want the X and can afford it.

Some people spend £6000+ on a watch when you can get cheaper ones that aren’t much worse.

I could afford a very expensive super car. That doesn't mean I would rush out and blow my hard earned cash on one. You have to decide if you consider a company is fleecing you and my opinion of the iPhone X is that Apple are taking their customers loyalty for granted.

Associate
Except most tech sites I've read that have say it works brilliantly.

I'm sure you could find the same tech sites saying the same about the Iris scanners when they were new, too.

I'm not saying it won't work brilliantly, I'm just calming the fanboyism a little.

Soldato
This is so stupid, Face ID is better than Touch ID. It’s faster and more secure and is not affected by wet fingers etc.

See you next year when all the android phones switch over to it as well!

I'd like the option of having both, hence I'll wait for the ip Xs next year.

I don't want to have to scan my face every time just to buy something in a shop, that would be 'so stupid'.

As for wet fingers I don't have this problem as my fingers are never wet?!

Caporegime
I agree it's not worth it and we both like our needlessly expensive kit!

I had my iPhone 4 for 5 years then an iPhone 6s. See no reason for the upgrades available yet.

/looking at £10k worth of guitars which would still with £10k and probably more in 12 months than a £1k phone.

I don't think not having or having a new iPhone X would improve or lower my standard of living.

That's how I see it.

Associate
As for wet fingers I don't have this problem as my fingers are never wet?!

My issue is I check maps using my phone... with a motorbike helmet on.

I wonder if FaceID can check for that...

I still need to remove my glove to manipulate the maps anyway so having to remove a glove for touchID is neither here nor there.

Soldato
A solid timepiece is art. It's like rubbishing people who spend money on expensive paintings.

At least a solid timepiece doesn't go obsolete...

Haha, give up they’re made in their thousands and are inherently worse at their function than something you can pick up in Primark. It’s no more art than an Apple Watch is.

Associate
Haha, give up they’re made in their thousands and are inherently worse at their function than something you can pick up in Primark. It’s no more art than an Apple Watch is.

Then why do they appreciate with time? Apple Watches don't appreciate, neither do Primark cheapies.

Back
Top Bottom