• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
It's not "upscaling"

Up-scaling is when you play a 1080p game on a 4k TV. The TV does the up-scaling, otherwise you would be playing with a black border all the way around the image.

Soldato
It's not "upscaling"

Up-scaling is when you play a 1080p game on a 4k TV. The TV does the up-scaling, otherwise you would be playing with a black border all the way around the image.

Part of what makes DLSS run so well is that upscaling IS involved. More to it than that sure but it is part of the process and I am hoping that is why raytracing will end up ok on these cards. I don't really want to go back to 1080p

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...moass/nvidia-clarifies-dlss-and-how-it-works/

Associate
Probably will be 1080p base image dlss'd up to 1440p. If the final fantasy demo is anything to go by (1440p base up to 4k via dlss)
Which is probably not as good given the loss of information between 1080 and 1440.

At least (trying to be optimistic about purchasing a 2080) we know developers only had 3 days to implement Ray-Tracing for the demos we saw so far, so maybe things won't be as much of a let down.

Soldato
Which is probably not as good given the loss of information between 1080 and 1440.

At least (trying to be optimistic about purchasing a 2080) we know developers only had 3 days to implement Ray-Tracing for the demos we saw so far, so maybe things won't be as much of a let down.

DLSS looks way better than TAA on the final fantasy benchmark. But that may be done on purpose?

I'd expect it to look pretty great in all honesty considering it is inferring using the hugely super sampled images Nvidia super computers rendered for the game as the base for its learnings (as they put it).

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
DLSS looks way better than TAA on the final fantasy benchmark. But that may be done on purpose?

I'd expect it to look pretty great in all honesty considering it is inferring using the hugely super sampled images Nvidia super computers rendered for the game as the base for its learnings (as they put it).
Yes because it is running the game at 1440p as far as I understand, it is not some magic. End of the day having TAA on or off makes a much smaller impact on fps, so it is obviously running the game at a lower resolution. I am not judging it until I see results in game and not in demo's. If most games manage to look better without losing much detail vs real 4K, then nvidia will have a winner on their hands. But I am not convinced from what I have seen so far.

What I am more excited about is the prospect of a DLSS 2.0 which would run the game at 4K and do it's thing then. Hopefully that will come with 7nm next gen cards which will have more tensor cores more than likely.

Soldato
The 37 votes to buy the 2080 don’t stack up in the ROH thread

I know stock has started to appear but assume some people may still be waiting for theirs to arrive. Seemed like there was no real stock until towards the very end of Friday so people probably receiving today or getting their orders dispatched today.

Caporegime
Not at these hilarious, gouging inflated prices , £1150 card magically becomes a £1400 over the course of a few days. Pull the other one.:rolleyes:

Sub 1k and I'll think about it, untill then ye can swivel.

Back
Top Bottom