• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
OP
Those saying they will leave the PC master race it will not happen trust me I've tried many many times.

Tbh, I'm losing interest in pc hardware fast....I've just bought a 6 core 12 thread 8750H Dell XPS for my recording studio, considering the use it will get and the money it cost it makes the 2080ti cost just lol for some new eye candy...

I want to upgrade my home cinema, £1000 gets me 4 x monitor Audio silver FX speakers...GFX cards costing 1200 is just ludicrous...it's no longer fun at this price tier.

Caporegime
OP
Already jumped ship before the mining bonanza. Miss it but not tempted back, especially after seeing these price brackets. Not even a case of affordability, just a case of the money being better spent elsewhere.

Yeah...I can get more enjoyment spending £1200 on something else...The 2080ti makes a new 65" OLED seem a bargain tbh...

Caporegime
OP
Price is mental and I deserve the hate (which I am sure will come) but all my OT goes in savings, so **** it, time to treat myself.

I don't hate you, I feel sorry for you :p

You poor proletariat being manipulated by the Bourgeoisie! :D

Unless we fight the capitalist regime you're doomed to a life on the spade my friend. :p

Caporegime
OP
Correct me if I'm wrong but have we ever had pre orders without benchies before?

I was always under the impression the NDA was lifted, reviews came out they you preordered unavailable stock then? :p

Caporegime
OP
They're not helping themselves there, that's for sure. Considering how late vendors got hold of the cards I doubt there's many benchmarks outside of NV to speak of yet, though.

That's why I'm thinking that maybe a 2080 will actually be slower than a 1080ti or maybe even only just 10% faster....

I also think that with two years on from pascal, I think there will be cards about to buy on release...we are drip fed and NV has had plenty of time to drip.

Caporegime
OP
This poll is more encompassing and more interesting :p
1070's sold well previously so I'm assuming it's more about the mindset of forum members that there's little interest below the Ti this far being shown on OCUK.
I suspect it's a bit of dramatization before many later cave in :D. I think the GPU's will really shine later.
I can understand why the keynote had no mention of performance vs current GPU's. 20 series are more forward facing.

Havent voted yet as unsure. I think my answer is "No" but to see what the next 6 months bring. It's great NV have released the technology now. PRice is high, sure. I don't game enough and enjoy old titles hence I feel no need to buy one at the moment.
I think the new FE design is great.

A poll is only interesting if it's engaged with :p

Back
Top Bottom