Polo GTI: The What Next Thread

Soldato
Soldato
Back in the idea of 5 series, E Class or V90 I think. I'd like a Stelvio, but can't get one for love nor money of the right spec and don't want to wait months.

Maybe if you can wait until the new A6 is in the showrooms might be worth looking at. If the new A8 is anything to go by the interior is stunning and a step above the 5 series and even E class

Man of Honour
OP
They are nice, but I hate the whole touch screen thing, it's a pain and never works on the road as well as it should.

Soldato
Soldato
The V90 is all touchscreen as well?

I agree with you though, the swivel wheel type is easier to use whilst driving. The voice commands are very good with this new MMI though, almost don't need to use the touchscreen

Caporegime
Had an Evoque for 4 days due to the Discovery Sport being in for warranty work, JLR idiosyncrasies aside its been enjoyable to live with and miles better than the E-pace (which i still dislike).
Interested in more comments. I like the evoque and it drives more like a car rather than SUV. Parents have just ordered an E pace though.

Caporegime
Interested in more comments. I like the evoque and it drives more like a car rather than SUV. Parents have just ordered an E pace though.

Driving dynamics wise i think the Evoque is a good compromise between a car and small SUV, the cooking pot version of the nav system is rubbish however i'd 100% spring for the 3k pack which includes the 10" system and a rear camera is a must.

Like how the E-pace drives however i dislike the interior, you feel crammed in with the high wraparound dashboard and lower seating position, in addition some of the interior styling choices are suspect i.e. can't stand the gulf of space around the gear selector.

I hope JLR spend more time refining the infotainment system for the next generation of cars, menus / accessibility and functionality wise they need to take a leaf out of the German car makes books.

Soldato
Soldato
It's the infotainment systems that make cars date so quickly now, not the exterior or interior designs.
Whack android auto & apple carplay in the systems and they will be good for a few years yet

Unless of course google and apple launch auto 2 and carplay 2 to make more ££

Man of Honour
OP
Talbot is simply too far of a stretch, same with the Avenger and Maxi.

This one has 190 somethings and is with full silver and black, erm, things.

I've not done a lot of research frankly, I've not drive one but it was cheap and I fancied something wafting with new tech. This one is MY19 with some tweaks and comes with a good spec as standard so all I added was black paint as I am ****** if I am driving a white car, being as I am not called Michelle.

Soldato
I've not done a lot of research frankly, I've not drive one but it was cheap and I fancied something wafting with new tech. This one is MY19 with some tweaks and comes with a good spec as standard so all I added was black paint as I am ****** if I am driving a white car, being as I am not called Michelle.

"Finance White" is a perfectly acceptable colour!

Man of Honour
OP
Exactly, I don't want the Jone's to know it's a lease car, which is as we know 'owning' under another name....honest.

I am now officially old, I have a Mercedes.

Or Asian

Or both.

Excellent, Bollywood here I come!

Back
Top Bottom