• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poor intel

Caporegime
https://www.kitguru.net/tech-news/d...ain-claims-anti-competitive-business-tactics/

Crying about anti competitive tactics and a company trying to create a monopoly. Must be new to them being on the receiving end for a change.:rolleyes:

So Intel wants to licence IP they need to operate on the mobile market, Qualcomm owns the IP and have said "nope" so Intel have taken Qualcomm to court arguing Qualcomm refusing to licence their IP to Intel is not fair.

I have an idea Intel, get off your fat lazy ass and develop you're own technology.

Soldato
So Intel wants to licence IP they need to operate on the mobile market, Qualcomm owns the IP and have said "nope" so Intel have taken Qualcomm to court arguing Qualcomm refusing to licence their IP to Intel is not fair.

I have an idea Intel, get off your fat lazy ass and develop you're own technology.

Yep. x86 licence comes to mind.

Soldato
Intel dominated the market. Then ripped us all off with minimal ipc improvements and sharp price increases. They could have killed off anybody if they priced correctly and worked hard at performance boosts per generation. Get in AMD. Nice to have them back. Now "prepare to fight" . It's sad however AMD now price themselves to intels offerings in performance rather than just gone for the juggler and priced Intel out of the market. Good times or bad the cpu wars are back.

Soldato
Why does it? Intel license x64 from AMD and AMD license x86 from Intel...

Because Intel fought tooth and nail the last 25 years to keep exclusivity of the x86 licence driving off the other companies like ibm, cyrix and via. AMD managed to survive because of the x64. Otherwise they could have been out also.

Associate
Just watched that. Intel are really quite naughty and pretty much sums up why I have a preference towards AMD.

That's an understatement! Your pets/kids might be quite naughty when they're not listening to you - Intel's systematic and brazen misuse of their position is something far for sinister. All in the name of market share, eh?

I can't say I have any massive antipathy towards Intel, but it's rather refreshing to see the shoe on the other foot.

Back
Top Bottom