Poor vectra of epic fail and starship miles looks to have met her end :(

Soldato
Parked up outside the house and some young pleb in a corsa has plowed one of the taxis

Poor car was parked up minding her own business and corsa pleb(guy in shorts in the pic) decided to rearrange the back of the car :(

725401AB-E9E2-4598-90C2-AC1E59B5A616-239-000000100021797B.jpg

His run up on the wrong side of the road

FDCBDE1A-FC1E-47F5-815D-A2E102F764F0-239-00000010103DBE99.jpg

D926E955-0603-4C3C-AF6F-F13FD09B17A3-239-000000100A084E5A.jpg

Hit it hard enough to bounce it up the kerb and take the tyre of the rim

D4D685AB-C12A-4AAE-BF89-4FB6C629F486-239-0000001025E3981F.jpg

0AC1C2E6-F7CF-4D65-9EFF-53E210689A00-239-000000103FF223B1.jpg

Man of Honour
Wearing shorts in Glasgow in December? That's either brave or stupid and given the situation I'm suspecting the latter guess might be more accurate especially as it looks as if the roads are somewhat frosty.

On the bright side that's two less Vauxhalls on the roads...

Slightly more seriously I hope you can get it sorted with the minimum of hassle.

Soldato
Looks a bit slippy/icy there. The kid clearly isn't all there driving about in this weather in shorts.

Oh well, potentially two Vauxhalls in the bin, so a silver lining in that at least. Will being down one car be much of an issue for you?

TS7

TS7

Soldato
He failed to stop? He must have been going pretty quick considering the road he's come down doesn't look the biggest.

It's fortunate that there wasn't someone crossing or another car driving across the road.

Soldato
OP
Accident management co phoned shiny taxi arriving Monday no Saturday or Sunday nightshift for me this week t seems

Looking at the veccy given her age I'd imagine write off

Associate
He obviously wasn't driving to the conditions at all given that I can't see his tyres marks anywhere near his side of the road. I understand he'd have to go round the parked cars but he seems to have decided to stay on the wrong side of the road. Hope you're ok and the loss of earnings isn't an issue for you.

Soldato
OP
Hope it gets sorted soon mate, though I'm a little confused as to why you decided to park opposite a junction??

busy residential area means parkings at a premium its either park opposite a junction or on it. lesser of 2 evils, not ideal but better than the alternative.

Soldato
OP
Looks a bit slippy/icy there. The kid clearly isn't all there driving about in this weather in shorts.

Oh well, potentially two Vauxhalls in the bin, so a silver lining in that at least. Will being down one car be much of an issue for you?

not really as that's the car I drive myself that said if it had been the other i'd have stuck my driver into mine and taken the weekend off.

He failed to stop? He must have been going pretty quick considering the road he's come down doesn't look the biggest.

It's fortunate that there wasn't someone crossing or another car driving across the road.

there was that's his excuse for hitting the cars as he was swerving for pedestrians, his skid marks don't exactly show much in the way of swerving mind you

I take it you'll be okay re loss of earnings for the weekend?

claim it back although I very much doubt insurance co will weight average earnings in relation to Saturday night takings (sat and sunday make up about 1/2 of a taxi drivers weekly earnings in my experience

Soldato
Wearing shorts in Glasgow in December?

Funnily enough that was my first though upon seeing the pictures. It's ******* freezing up here in Scotland at the moment :p

Can't be Scottish as he's not ginger.

We're not all gingers dude! :p

still a chance; He was probably drunk ;)

We're not all drunks either. :p

Judging by the pictures it looks like it's a mixture of inexperienced young driver going too fast for the road conditions and rapidly running out of skill at the most inopportune moment. Least you weren't hurt Delta (were you?) and hopefully you'll get it all sorted through the insurance soon. :)

//Edit - you do realise you're going to need a new sig when you get your new car now Delta? :D

Soldato
A guy I know slid into the back of someone at a junction in EK tonight. Obviously going too fast.

I've already been up an empty industrial estate working out how the back end slides out etc. Driven hard I can spin into 3rd with 140hp so it is very icy out there.

What a fud really.

Soldato
OP
Did you hear the bang or did he knock into your door? What's the starship miles?

was actually standing at my front door at the time, was just about to go out and put some stuff in the boot. 30 seconds earlier and i'd have been squished

1/4 million miles and then some :)

and indeed sadly it will mean a new sig, need to find a new car first though

Associate
busy residential area means parkings at a premium its either park opposite a junction or on it. lesser of 2 evils, not ideal but better than the alternative.

Fair enough, although if you had parked on the junction this wouldn't have happened :p

and indeed sadly it will mean a new sig, need to find a new car first though

Surely the fact you aren't foxtrot anymore would be rreason enough for new sig :confused:

Soldato
OP
not been foxtrot for 3 years :) technically i'm not delta12 anymore either(old taxi callsign) but 233 doesn't have the same ring to it

and your right silver tongue if i'd been a berk and parked on the junction this would never have happened. that what happens when you try not to be a berk lol

Back
Top Bottom