Poor vectra of epic fail and starship miles looks to have met her end :(

Caporegime
Surely it's a good time to be replacing a car. Prices are low and people want money at this time of year?

As for the insurance company. They will have to pay out to you regardless, even if they then counterclaim off the fronting idiot. Either way it won't affect you!

Soldato
January is true mugging time though para, plus business is good this time of year. If it had happened early Jan sure he would be much happier

Soldato
OP
Surely it's a good time to be replacing a car. Prices are low and people want money at this time of year?

As for the insurance company. They will have to pay out to you regardless, even if they then counterclaim off the fronting idiot. Either way it won't affect you!

erm yes it does, i'm going to claim for mental torture I've been stuck in the house with the missus since Saturday with no escape. I had to endure Christmas shopping today. if my courtesy taxi doesn't arrive tomorrow I can see me being tortured by a day of putting Christmas decorations up

going to argue the toss with the settlement though I will be looking for a a hefty amount over book value.

one of the requirements of plating a vehicle with Glasgow City Council is that it MUST be under 5 years old at first use as a taxi and must be replaced as soon as it turns 7 years old. so unless I find another taxi for sale that's previously been plated with Glasgow Council I need to buy a car newer than what I have. should be fun to try and argue that one with a mainstream insurer, yep Co-op your book value doesn't mean jack to me I need the value of a Vectra that's on a 57 plate not an 06.

Soldato
OP
January is true mugging time though para, plus business is good this time of year. If it had happened early Jan sure he would be much happier

indeed dusting of snow up here as well, theres muchos money to be made. no doubt my loss of earnings will be a straight decalred on the tax return /365 x however many days lost. no doubt they will not be interested in weighting seasonal variances

Soldato
OP
well thought i'd update you all on the progress of this :)

a month down the line and erm nothing has changed

i'm currently enjoying an accident management provided taxi for my working needs that is being billed to the other chaps(co op) insurance at a rather lolworthy £200 a DAY.

other parties insurance decided to take 2 weeks to admit liability and now seem to be dragging their heels regarding even making me an initial offer.

chased them up today and explained to them that I need this resolved sharpish as I have taxi plates due for renewal and I cant renew unless I have a car to test and stick them on. Also explained if I miss my plate renewal I have to reapply which would entail a wait of circa 5 months due to Glasgow council being as useful as a chocolate teapot.

hopefully the thought of 5 months vehicle rental will light a fire under their bums and get this moving. but I now get an appreciation as to why insurance is so darn high in this country.

i'll be looking for a payout of circa 2 1/2 grand for my Vectra, you have the damage to the other parties car which will no doubt be a good few thousand. i'm claiming for loss of earnings and will be asking for at least £500 and then you have the lolworthy hire charges that so far are north of £6000 and I fully expect to top 10k before its settled.

I honestly thought this would be resolved sharpish but then again I really should know better

Soldato
OP
tbh i'm sitting pretty atm, i'm in a fully maintained vehicle at no cost to me that all I have to do is put fuel in. but I find it shocking how much money is being wasted here. this could have been settled in a week, with costs not including damaged vehicles of sub £1000 now I estimate that it will be ten times that by the time its all sorted out with the same again in damaged cars on top of that.

Soldato
These overinflated rental/repair charges for insurance claims really should be outlawed - every single claim is probably easily 100% more than it should be....sod the man/woman debate, that's why insurance premiums are so high!

Soldato
These overinflated rental/repair charges for insurance claims really should be outlawed - every single claim is probably easily 100% more than it should be....sod the man/woman debate, that's why insurance premiums are so high!

Maybe so but when the insurance company is sitting with their finger up their bum for a month they obviously aren't concerned about the cost.

The kid looks like the sort I have to teach. They whinge on and on about their insurance cost but when I mentioned the number of claims young people make a worrying number had a tail of a car/friends car/bike that they smashed up. Even more worrying was that they thought it was all a bit of a laugh :rolleyes:

Hopefully you'll get a resolution soon. The mileage may be a killer though. When my dads Mondeo got written off he got an insulting offer because it had nearly 200k on the clock despite it being in fantastic condition. After much arguing they raised the offer... By £50 :rolleyes:

Soldato
Maybe so but when the insurance company is sitting with their finger up their bum for a month they obviously aren't concerned about the cost.

The kid looks like the sort I have to teach. They whinge on and on about their insurance cost but when I mentioned the number of claims young people make a worrying number had a tail of a car/friends car/bike that they smashed up. Even more worrying was that they thought it was all a bit of a laugh :rolleyes:

Hopefully you'll get a resolution soon. The mileage may be a killer though. When my dads Mondeo got written off he got an insulting offer because it had nearly 200k on the clock despite it being in fantastic condition. After much arguing they raised the offer... By £50 :rolleyes:

The assessor for my old ZS started on the mileage line, I cut him short because I could tell where he was going.

So annoying - he made a decent offer in the end though.

Soldato
OP
Assessor valued at £2200 which in my eyes is a fair price it was coming off the road come march and i was hoping to sell on for around £1500 been told salvage valued at £350 already arranged to sell it for £500 to a mate so that makes it a bit more palatable tbh if the other parties insurance make me an offer of the assesses valuation I'd be happy to accept pity they are sitting twiddling their thumbs

Soldato
I can't even work out what he was trying to achieve moving into that lane that early on a corner like that ??

Unlucky dude,
I always wonder if its worse when your car is written off and to blame or when its kind of nothing to do with you and is taken away...

Associate
Hope you also get lost of earnings from them.

Seems pretty silly the way the insurance company is handling it. Firstly how does it cost £200 per day to get a replacement car, and because it is and given your own estimate of your car value. They could have doubled the amount paid to you and saved themselves money at the same time.

The claim handlers should go work in the public sector, they'd probably suit it by dragging something out rather than taking the simpler, cheaper and often easier option.

I suppose there might be one reason for dragging it out in that if they admit fault they could potentially leave themselves paying more expensive 'injury claims', but it doesn't seem you were even in the car, so this is rather irrelevant.

Soldato
Assessor valued at £2200 which in my eyes is a fair price it was coming off the road come march and i was hoping to sell on for around £1500 been told salvage valued at £350 already arranged to sell it for £500 to a mate so that makes it a bit more palatable tbh if the other parties insurance make me an offer of the assesses valuation I'd be happy to accept pity they are sitting twiddling their thumbs

Not too shabby really. Just any lost days to claim back and you can source yourself a replacement :cool:

Back
Top Bottom