Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Man of Honour
I still love mine to bits, it will be a year in February and right now I still can't think of a better car for the money. Admittedly it's had its fair share of issues in my short ownership but then again it is almost 14 years old.

Not quite the location in solids pic but here she is:

Last edited:
Soldato
DSC_0356.png

I have had my one for some time now, 997 Targa 4.

Its an amazing car however I fancy a Maserati Granturismo or a V8V so I am going to put it up for sale. I think I will find my self back in another porsche later next year but a next time it will be PDK C2S.

Last edited:
Associate
A purchase for mine:-

680687d1353175770-pirelli-corsa-system-n1-perfect-and-near-new-in-uk-p1050092-resized.jpg

Some R compound Pirelli Corsa's, got them nearly half price so could not pass on them. Shall fit next year when warms up, can't wait to go on track, been in a GT3 on these driving down through craners at 125mph, I won't try same but looking forward to getting these boots on next year. :)

Where did you manage to find them? They were impossible to find when I wanted some back in May this year.

Soldato
Where did you manage to find them? They were impossible to find when I wanted some back in May this year.

Seems to be a problem with most Porsche Pirellis, my old man has got some new fronts even though they won't need replacing for a good few months as everywhere else are out and have no idea when they are getting stock in again.

Soldato
After seeing the GT3 RS 4.0 on 5th Gear Last night, I've decided to buy one.

Then I did some quick sums..... :(

Now want a normal 997 GT3 :D

But I like to eat, drink, drink, party, holiday, drink, party, holiday too much to sacrifice them for some VW beetle thing :(

Forever alone....

Soldato
I still love mine to bits, it will be a year in February and right now I still can't think of a better car for the money. Admittedly it's had its fair share of issues in my short ownership but then again it is almost 14 years old.

Not quite the location in solids pic but here she is:

14 years old! :eek:

Would pass as a 3 year old looking at it. The great thing about Porsche, timeless design!

OcUK Staff
OP
After seeing the GT3 RS 4.0 on 5th Gear Last night, I've decided to buy one.

Then I did some quick sums..... :(

Now want a normal 997 GT3 :D

But I like to eat, drink, drink, party, holiday, drink, party, holiday too much to sacrifice them for some VW beetle thing :(

Forever alone....

How did I miss this. :(

Is there a link to it online anywhere?

Soldato
My Porsche Boxster S 3.4L (987), had it for about 18 months now;

img_1710.jpg

img_1713.jpg

img_1717.jpg

img_1724.jpg

img_1729.jpg

img_1735.jpg

img_1742.jpg

img_1747.jpg

Those were taken by Howard when I got the car in May 2011 just before my private plate went on, I've done about 8k in it now taking her up to 67k.

Not had any problems and it's got the OPC warranty on it till May 2013, at which point I'll either extend the warranty or sell up.

OcUK Staff
OP
Not had any problems and it's got the OPC warranty on it till May 2013, at which point I'll either extend the warranty or sell up.

Make sure in March 2013 you take it for a 111-point check as then if they find any issues they shall be sorted under warranty where it applies. :)

Man of Honour
I will hopefully be posting in here soon with my very own car. I hope!! Been saving for months and months so I can get myself a decent 987 Boxster S. Just need to wait for the right one to come up now :D

Soldato
I will hopefully be posting in here soon with my very own car. I hope!! Been saving for months and months so I can get myself a decent 987 Boxster S. Just need to wait for the right one to come up now :D

If for whatever reason you are still looking early next year give me a shout :)

Soldato
Previous Boxster S owner here.

Boxster.jpg

Got bored of it very quickly. Found it German, bland and dull to drive so got rid of it. As controversial as it may be, I honestly prefer my Cooper S to the Boxster, hence why I've had it for 3 years and the Boxster lasted less than a year.

Soldato
[ui]ICEMAN;23205799 said:
I'm such an idiot. I was just about to post in here with the two I used to own. I'd completely forgotten about the new one in my garage! I'll throw some pics in here when I get home :)

With the amount of car purchases you have made recently I don't blame you :D:D

Caporegime
Whilst I certainly would not say I hate Porkers by any stretch, it's a marque I just don't see myself in, lottery win or not.

I feel quite embarrassed to say that, but hey! There you go. :o

Back
Top Bottom