Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Associate
I've had my Boxster S 3.2 since Last Feb and absolutely love it! Quite often i'll go out for a 100 mile drive for no reason than to be driving it. Done 7000 miles so far and it's only needed petrol.

Porsche3.jpg

Porsche1.jpg

Porsche4.jpg

Associate
God damn I wish mine had a 997 interior, it's such a nice place to be. Mine is just covered in shagpile carpet and has the GASH yellow dim from the electrics and big lumpy buttons everywhere.

Should have saved more moolah and gone for a 997, that said being honest I wouldn't go Porsche again. £20k for a 911 and it's the same car as an M3, just doesn't make sense to me!

Associate
I'd love a nice turbo as a daily driver, such a capable car and looks the part to in the right spec, depending on how much I win on the lottery it would be my first purchase.

There's only one car I'd have over the porches as a daily driver, that's the Noble M600...

Associate
A 911 Turbo as a daily driver? Crikey you're daring, have you ever driven one? Other than the bone shakingly hard ride they can be quite a handful. GTR or a nice big M5/C63 for me, leave the 2 seater toys for the weekend!

Associate
A 911 Turbo as a daily driver? Crikey you're daring, have you ever driven one? Other than the bone shakingly hard ride they can be quite a handful. GTR or a nice big M5/C63 for me, leave the 2 seater toys for the weekend!

Never driven one sadly, by daily driver I wasn't really thinking of commuting and such I just don't feel any Porsche minus a few obvious choice models aren't quite special enough for a weekend toy. I'm talking vast sums of money at my disposal, read infinite then I really feel the 911 Turbo would be my car to nip about in.

I always thought they were a two sided affair whilst have a wild streak they do become pretty timid and perfectly usable, certainly didn't think they were a handful in fact I thought they were almost the opposite, very easy to drive very fast almost?

Not a fan of the GTR (style wise its subtle and effective and its terms of engineering its astounding but it feels like it lacks something, plus its got a Nissan badge)

M5 < Audi RS6+ for me, if your going to get a 'big' fast car then get something useful and big?

Associate
I always thought they were a two sided affair whilst have a wild streak they do become pretty timid and perfectly usable, certainly didn't think they were a handful in fact I thought they were almost the opposite, very easy to drive very fast almost?

In a sense you're right, but the 4WD system in 911's never sends more than 25% of the power to the front wheels IIRC, therefore it's a 500hp twin turbo rear wheel driven monster at the best of times. Even my 4S can be tricky in wet conditions. At the end of the day any car with so much power is going to be a bit of a handful if not treated with respect. I do love the look of the 997 Turbo's though, they make a hell of a roar as well when you gun it.

Soldato
So she is up for sale today. I just got back to the uk after 5 weeks away I am here for another couple of weeks and then gone again for 5 weeks.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201212124594169

If I get my one sold before this one Is sold I plan to buy this
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...code/cr81dd/page/1/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

Saw your post on 911uk. Should be a good buy for anyone in the market, be interested to see how you get on with the Targa4, bit of a rare beasty.

Soldato
Saw your post on 911uk. Should be a good buy for anyone in the market, be interested to see how you get on with the Targa4, bit of a rare beasty.

To be honest I think I have priced it very well but I don't think it will sell. I dont know why they have not sold more Targa's I think there are only around 170 997 Manual Targa's in the uk. The cabin is so much brighter inside compared to the standard 911.

My one is a good £5 to £10k less them most other Targa's for sale and the OPC warranty should be a big selling point.

Im going to sell the 335 also which will help me bring down my overall running costs.

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Just bought a 1981 911 with RS 3.0 body, stripped out race car, rolling shell being delivered tomorrow :D

Got a 3.2 Carerra engine and brakes to go in and looking for a 915 box (Selling a g50 box which should cover this). 230BHP in 980kg should be fun when complete :)

Back
Top Bottom