Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
It's more difficult to justify a 718 with a newborn too :p The obvious answer is.....a 911!

It's nice to dream...

A practical family car! I can recommend a number of baby related accessories which fit perfectly into the frunk! Luckily I placed the deposit on mine about a week before we found out about the incoming child!

Alternatively, with a 718, you can leave the child behind!

Caporegime
A practical family car! I can recommend a number of baby related accessories which fit perfectly into the frunk! Luckily I placed the deposit on mine about a week before we found out about the incoming child!

The difference in money saved can buy the wife her own Honda Jazz to put the kids in?

Soldato

I bought my 981 when our wee one was 2 months old :D I said to the Mrs even if I went for a 911, the pram + associated junk still wasn't going to fit. She agreed.

Only annoying point, I don't think there's a switch for the passenger air bag, so I don't think I can use a child seat at all. How did porsche get away with that?

Soldato
I bought my 981 when our wee one was 2 months old :D I said to the Mrs even if I went for a 911, the pram + associated junk still wasn't going to fit. She agreed.

Only annoying point, I don't think there's a switch for the passenger air bag, so I don't think I can use a child seat at all. How did porsche get away with that?

That's really weird. I wonder if it's the same case with 781 "Boxmans" that have the optional ISOFIX passenger seat? It would seem like a massive oversight if not.

EDIT: The 718s include an airbag deactivation switch if you include the optional ISOFIX seat:

71ro59g.png

Soldato
Caporegime

Check in your glove box. I'm sure mine has one in there.

Commissario
Is this for a new steering wheel, if so can I ask where you have sourced it?

I'm looking at doing this for my car, but Porsche want an awful lot for a standard sports wheel in black leather. Local dealer quoted over £1000 just for the wheel.

No, a very good condition refurbed one.
You can buy a new one from Design911 for about £850 I think, would need to dig out the link to find the correct one though.

Soldato
Is there any point in the Panamera anymore? I assume the base Taycan will come in at about £75k.

I think it’s more or less the Panamera replacement. New Cayenne will be full electric next year, Macan the year after then the Cayman/Boxster after that. In the middle somewhere a 911 Hybrid which I am mega excited for, not that I can ever afford any of them!

Can’t wait for the Model S refresh, gonna set the benchmark yet again.

Soldato
Check in your glove box. I'm sure mine has one in there.

Nah, had a good rummage in their tonight, usb and some power sockets, but no obvious switch for the air bag.

I'm not going to drop £500+ to let the dealer retrofit it... we'll just use the family car as intended. I just wanted to get my daughter interested in cars early :cool:

olv

olv

Soldato
Does not have PASM and looks like it's on stilts as a result. Also no sports exhaust which was on your initial spec. Seem to be paying a chunky premium for the low mileage given than it is only the 3.4. Not where my £50k would go.

Associate
I can’t find one with all the options I want. I’m not too fussed on the warranty as I’m told they are about as reliable as a Porsche gets.

I would want to be in that car for £47k as there is a lovely specced car at an OPC for 52k so there would need to be clear daylight between them.

Soldato
Does not have PASM and looks like it's on stilts as a result. Also no sports exhaust which was on your initial spec. Seem to be paying a chunky premium for the low mileage given than it is only the 3.4. Not where my £50k would go.

Yup. Positives being low mileage, but no service history highlighted... would be interesting to call the dealer. Would they really say “it’s due every 20,000 sir”? Great colour and sports seats. I don’t see the appeal otherwise. Perhaps if it were a manual car you could argue that it’s a pure base Carrera, but without PASM you could also argue that it’s not built with the keen driver in mind.

I’d be in a 997 turbo at this budget I think.

Soldato
I can’t find one with all the options I want. I’m not too fussed on the warranty as I’m told they are about as reliable as a Porsche gets.

I don’t have a warranty on mine, but my man maths calculated that I was halfway to an engine rebuild just with the basics to get mine covered... like changing all the tyres, removing Bluetooth ( :rolleyes: ) OPC major service (the same cost as all of the servicing in my 2.5 year ownership and Center gravity visit) and 111 point check, plus whatever else they could find, plus warranty cost. I’ve taken a calculated risk. If you’ve got the option to warranty a car with Porsche, most would absolutely jump at the chance. The internet would suggest that most really get their money’s worth.

Back
Top Bottom