Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Caporegime
Ha well spotted :D fortunately its only £75 screen excess but cant get it done for a week and half at the earliest, providing its fitted properly i'm actually quite please as there were quite a few very small pits all over the screen with the age the car is

My screen has quite a few too. Although with the tech attached and the fact that the aerials run through it I'm really tetchy about replacing it.

Soldato
That must have been some Geordie pheasant. Ouch.

I'd be inclined to insist that Porsche themselves fit the windscreen. I've read some horror stories about third parties and badly fitted Porsche windscreens. Touch wood I never have to do mine.

Soldato
That must have been some Geordie pheasant. Ouch.

I'd be inclined to insist that Porsche themselves fit the windscreen. I've read some horror stories about third parties and badly fitted Porsche windscreens. Touch wood I never have to do mine.
I'm not so sure tbh, the car is well out of warranty and besides, i think id put my trust in someone who fits windscreens everyday to a mechanic at a dealership who may do one a month??? Anyway the work is guaranteed and if its no good they will have to do it again. I've had autoglass fit a few screens now and only once was there a problem, anyway we will see, im toying of changing anyway

Soldato
Yes, i'm with direct line and they use Autoglass, i will make sure to ask when he comes, no point in fitting one without the aerial :)
Don't wait until they come, give them a quick call beforehand to make sure they arrive with the right screen. Otherwise it could be a frustrating wait.

Soldato
Don't wait until they come, give them a quick call beforehand to make sure they arrive with the right screen. Otherwise it could be a frustrating wait.
Just phoned Autoglass and they have confirmed it has the antenna and rain sensor built into screen (not sure my current one has the rain sensor or not... :)
It wont have a Porsche logo on it either
That's fine as the current one and none of the other windows have logo's either :) *edit the rear does say Porsche on it the others just have the manufacturer name etc on

Last edited:
Associate
The 70s Targa I'm all for, but why an i3? Just for a short ambling around commuting washing machine thing!

well I’ve put a deposit down on the Targa..... pick up in 2 weeks. Not sure what I am getting myself into!

I was thinking the i3 as a company Car as it’s free

my 991.1 is going to have to make way for them

Soldato
well I’ve put a deposit down on the Targa..... pick up in 2 weeks. Not sure what I am getting myself into!

I was thinking the i3 as a company Car as it’s free

my 991.1 is going to have to make way for them

Winnnnning. Where did you get it from?

Man of Honour
I'm not so sure tbh, the car is well out of warranty and besides, i think id put my trust in someone who fits windscreens everyday to a mechanic at a dealership who may do one a month??? Anyway the work is guaranteed and if its no good they will have to do it again. I've had autoglass fit a few screens now and only once was there a problem, anyway we will see, im toying of changing anyway
If you want an original Porsche part you have to ask and hopefully they'll say yes. The dealers will just fob it off to a national chain.

When my Audi had a new windscreen they didn't fit the right type so the heads up went fuzzy. Got another chip anyway soon after.

Couple years back my GT3 windscreen obtained a huge crack on a French autoroute, I was recommend Paul Ralhan @ Glasstec - https://www.glasstecauto.co.uk/ - he did a great job.

Associate
Winnnnning. Where did you get it from?

Bought it privately.

went to bed last night devastated at the thought of selling my 991 and spending 5 days a week in some electric thing.

ive not got buyers remorse as I’ve fallen in love with the classic. I’d say I had ‘situation remorse’ as I am too poor to keep both.

to add insult to injury that particular deal on the i3 can’t be ran through the company so back to the drawing board.

Soldato
Looking forward to seeing pictures of the Targa! It'll be quite the change from the 991. I have to say that after a very spirited drive in my 997 I did wonder if it was just too fast for the public road and if an older Pork would be a more involving option. Best of luck with it!

Soldato
Not sure I agree a 997 is too fast for the road. Unless you've got a Turbo S, 997s aren't 'that fast' these days. I'm also not convinced you need to go older just to get something more involving? Get a classic car because you want a classic, by all means, but if you want thrills there must be other options?

I find my CS more involving to drive than the 997s I drove, probably due to being mid engined and lighter. The 997s were older and getting a bit creeky too, my CS is tight as a drum. The 718 GTS and GT4 I drove and tracked are moreso again, but the costs were much higher.

Not picking on you Tom, just interested in why you feel that way.

Back
Top Bottom