Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
Ah I was getting myself confused thinking of the 981 2.7. You're right, it's the 2.9 when you're talking 987.

Its not DFI though.

Model history
The auto industry model year (MY) runs from August 1 to 31 July, so a 2005 model could have been produced between 1 August 2004 and 31 July 2005.

2006 MY: 3.4-litre 295bhp Cayman S launched - essentially a coupé version of Type 987 Boxster S.

2007 MY: 2.7-litre 245bhp Cayman launched.

2008 MY: Cayman S Design Edition 1 (777 built) limited edition offers special stripes and Porsche Design accessories. Cayman S Sport Edition offered special colours and cosmetics with the same performance as mainstream.

2009 MY: With deliveries starting early 2009, 'Gen 2' 987 receives all new Direct Fuel Injection (DFI) engine. Porsche Doppel Kupplung (PDK) dual clutch gearbox replaces Tiptronic as an option. Base model engine size increased to 2.9-litres. Caymans given 10bhp maximum power advantage over respective Boxsters.

2010 MY: 330bhp Cayman R. 55kg lighter than S with stripped out spec

Soldato
Deposit down on a 987, pick up tomorrow :cool:. It’s a 3.4 but with a Porsche rebuilt engine with the updated coating on the pistons. Needs a bit of tlc on the exterior and the wheels need a refurb - but mechanically it seems really sorted and being a 1 owner car there’s stacks of history with it.

Caporegime
Deposit down on a 987, pick up tomorrow. It’s a 3.4 but with a Porsche rebuilt engine with the updated coating on the pistons. Needs a bit of tlc on the exterior and the wheels need a refurb - but mechanically it seems really sorted and being a 1 owner car there’s stacks of history with it.

Coooooool. We expect photos otherwise you're not allowed back in.

Soldato
Deposit down on a 987, pick up tomorrow :cool:. It’s a 3.4 but with a Porsche rebuilt engine with the updated coating on the pistons. Needs a bit of tlc on the exterior and the wheels need a refurb - but mechanically it seems really sorted and being a 1 owner car there’s stacks of history with it.

Very exciting! So much performance for the money and in a really sorted package. Pics please!

Commissario
Nice one, enjoy it!

Soldato
This is the only pic I have at the moment from when I picked it up. Weather is atrocious at the moment and it desperately needs a deep clean!

NvLOZVar.jpg

It's quite an early on on a 55 plate, the chap who owned it drove to London to pick it up from Manchester and has owned it since.

Associate
Picked up my new GTS 4.0 yesterday

IMG-2069.jpg

Associate
The colour is Python Green. I would definitely try to see one in person if you are considering that colour as it can look completely different in photographs, especially under artificial light. I was a bit nervous for this reason but when I saw it in person I was very happy with the way it looks.

The car in general is great fun. I had PDK in my last car but the manual definitely adds a bit of involvement. I'm just trying to put miles on now because I've been keeping it under 5K revs to break the engine in. I think 500 miles of that will be enough!

Back
Top Bottom