Possible drive issues?

Permabanned
I've having problems with my computer lately where everything would just lock up, video, music the mouse and then after 30 seconds to 2 mins, would carry on as normal. I've scanned my ram, no errors, no viruses or spyware, so I'm not sure where to look... I have noticed when it does all stop, chrome is waiting on cache but no pages load...

I've downloaded a program to see my HDD health but tbh I have no idea if the readings are good or bad, could anyone help here?

2ji2g.png

fdu0k8.png

28iujjm.png

Soldato
Don't think it is your HDD, the hanging issue most likely got something to do with the processes at the back ground.

check through your startup programs - msconfig - to see if anything is starting that shouldn't be and also check Services.msc see if any of the background services are running that shouldn't or doesn't need to.

Soldato
Is the SSD (840 Evo) the OS drive?

If so make sure that the SSD is on the latest firmware using the Samsung magician software.

there was some issues with the 840 and the read and write speeds etc which has been fixed via firmware updates. there wa a huge thread on it under here when the issues first started.

Edit....found the thread here

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/assistance-calling-all-samsung-evo-owners.18615995/

Both the HDDs are showing reallocated sector counts (140). before the issues started did you do anything inside the PC? might be worth re seating all sata cables to HDD\SSD and then the same on the mobo side as well and if even possible change the sata ports and see if the issue still happens.

Back
Top Bottom