• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Possible Radeon 390X / 390 and 380X Spec / Benchmark (do not hotlink images!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
flopper logic 101

Yes fun isnt it?

Those numbers are with an old API DX so 25/30% with DX and add Mantle and its gets really interesting.:D

Not sure how a Nvidia user would feel if AMD would release a new card using Mantle and beat it so much that every user would want to go back to the days of woodscrews, the land of fairy and imagination and lost in dreams, dont do drugs guys and dont buy what the CEO tells you is real.:p

Yes fun isnt it?

Those numbers are with an old API DX so 25/30% with DX and add Mantle and its gets really interesting.:D

Not sure how a Nvidia user would feel if AMD would release a new card using Mantle and beat it so much that every user would want to go back to the days of woodscrews, the land of fairy and imagination and lost in dreams, dont do drugs guys and dont buy what the CEO tells you is real.:p

I'm planning on supporting the red team for my next few cards now. Gonna do my bit to support the underdog.

This 290X 8GB is a beast, and I genuinely like Mantle, it's great in BF4. My next card will be 390X. Hopefully Nvidia overprice the Titan X to give me less temptation to go back to the dark side :p

Hurry up and launch 390X plz AMD.

Go Pirate Islands !! >> http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

Last edited:
Yes fun isnt it?

Or don't listen to flopper :)

So it's the 390X not the 380X in that made up graph?

Just because WCCF say so? :rolleyes:

They themselves even admit they have no reason to believe that other than "it's the fastest card in the test".

Also, funny how 980 was a top-end card one day and mid-range the next (when an AMD leak happens to show 980 being pwned soundly)... despite the fact GM200 has yet to show it's face.

Also also, "made-up" LOL. If it showed GM200 I'm sure your enthusiasm would be positively palpable. :)

Last edited:
Well hope it's not a hint of the performance of the 390x,
Very disappointing and worrying for Amd, when Nvidia strike back with bigger maxwell.
how would it be disappointing and worrying if they release a card (using that graph) that outdoes everything a 980 ever did on its release day?
Thats showing a bigger performance increase and equal energy saving than what the 980 offered over the previous gen and yet its worrying and disappointing whilst the 980 was jesus rolling back the stone in front of the cave? :rolleyes: come on. its sounding like a great release.

and yes nvidia will always release something better later... but thats what the business does... X brings out a card.. Y trumps it...then X trumps Y's. did you bemoan the fact AMD would bring out a better card in a few months on the 980's release?

Last edited:
GTX 980 = R9 380X
GM200 = R9 390X

So in those terms the GTX 980 is Nvidia's mid tier card, just priced higher as it still has high performance, and currently the fastest single GPU so can command a premium. AMD's 380X should knock GTX 980 down to a mid tier price level, which likely will be re-spun on 20nm and priced at mid range later on akin to GTX 980 > GTX 770.

So R9 390X will compete with GM200, and the cycle continues..

Well hope it's not a hint of the performance of the 390x,
Very disappointing and worrying for Amd, when Nvidia strike back with bigger maxwell.

Wait a minute.

Going by that graph (if true....) the Nvidia 980 gets 6fps more than the 290x and people were going mad about how good they were.

Lets assume this is the 390x, which gets (allegedly) 10fps more than a 980 and at a lower power consumption and that's dissapointing and worrying?

how would it be disappointing and worrying if they release a card (using that graph) that outdoes everything a 980 ever did on its release day?
Thats showing a bigger performance increase and equal energy saving than what the 980 offered over the previous gen and yet its worrying and disappointing whilst the 980 was jesus rolling back the stone in front of the cave? :rolleyes: come on. its sounding like a great release.

and yes nvidia will always release something better later... but thats what the business does... X brings out a card.. Y trumps it...then X trumps Y's. did you bemoan the fact AMD would bring out a better card in a few months on the 980's release?
Wait a minute.

Going by that graph (if true....) the Nvidia 980 gets 6fps more than the 290x and people were going mad about how good they were.

Lets assume this is the 390x, which gets (allegedly) 10fps more than a 980 and at a lower power consumption and that's dissapointing and worrying?

Boomstick now I know what you mean when you sit on the fence and get attacked by both sides!

Number one its speculation,
Number two it's based on the specification based on speculation of average performance in a variety of games.

Yes it's worrying if that an indication of what a r9 390x can provide.
As it's de ja vu all over again of Kepler vs Souther Islands.
in theory 2560 2816 maxwell = bye bye in theory 4096 Amd.

Let's all not jump in the air like andy pandy, quoting omg pawning nvida, until we see the real hardware,

Lol, we can expect AMD to bring something decent, pretty confident in assuming that the R9 380X will rival the GTX 980, and 390X will be aimed squarely at GM200 probably the consumer variant and not the full compute monster that may be sold to the consumer as a gaming card ie Titan X.

AMD's new cards should knock down Nvidia's pricing so the stack should look like this when all have been launched.

???????? VS GM 200 w compute 'Tesla' 'Titan X' (Silly money)
R9 390X VS GM200 (Priced for enthusiasts)
R9 380X VS GTX 980 (Eventual Mid tier pricing)
R9 370X VS GTX 970
R9 360X VS GTX 960

Some are saying that AMD will skip 3XX series moniker and go with 4XX. Plus Nvidia cards could be renamed as well like GTX 680 became GTX 770. Forget the naming though it's the price VS performance that matters. That's why the GM204 although not the full Maxwell part can be priced higher because it's still the current fastest. AMD's new cards should cause a price re-adjust..

Last edited:
Boomstick now I know what you mean when you sit on the fence and get attacked by both sides!

I don't have a side? Both are corporations out to make money

Number one its speculation,

I acknowledged this in my reply

Let's all not jump in the air like andy pandy, quoting omg pawning nvida, until we see the real hardware,

I didn't.

AMD have to bring a card out that's at the very least 10 fps better, by the time it's released anything less would not be good enough for them considering nvidia have the upper hand in the discrete market. I hope the 390x smashes the 980 by even more, progression is good and it will force nvidias next move, if it only just about competes nvidia wouldn't have to do anything and we'll be stuck on 28nm even longer.

I don't have a side? Both are corporations out to make money

I acknowledged this in my reply

I didn't.

Well then it's simple theory, No need to attack my opinion as I stated in my earlier post, Amd makes a big gpu to just compete ahead of a mid range Maxwell. Then 3-6 months later Nvidia release their Bigger Maxwell.

My point it's down to AMD to really push the boundaries this time, otherwise Nvidia will strangle them again.

you didnt sit on the fence? you said it was a disappointing and worrying card. using the only source of numbers we have it doesnt look to be anything like that, so how are you coming to that conclusion?

1 acknowledged in my post but as its the only source we can talk about what do you expect? equally its the same chart you are basing your opinion from.
2. yes but compared vs released cards so a rough indication of possible performance if true, correct? and released by a source with previous good form.

Yes it's worrying if that an indication of what a r9 390x can provide.
the same much vaunted power savings of the 9xx with a larger performance increase over the same well received, reviewed and used cards and almost 30% increase over AMD's last cards and you claim you are worried?

in theory 2560 2816 maxwell = bye bye in theory 4096 Amd.
see last line of previous post.

this is a discussion thread for rumours, if numbers get leaked which may be accurate, why not talk about it? same applies with "full fat maxwell" rumour threads and every other rumour thread in the history of time.

My point it's down to AMD to really push the boundaries this time, otherwise Nvidia will strangle them again.
they have possibly equalled and bettered nvidia's previous release by a decent margin using the same old 28nm process with new tricks and a immature vRAM tech that nvidia hasnt planned for to my knowledge until 2016. that is boundary pushing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom