• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Possible Radeon 390X / 390 and 380X Spec / Benchmark (do not hotlink images!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I said Godlike.
I built temple.
I am worthy and I did the walk of shame for all sins.

The Gods did deliver as they promised.
I am crying a little as the cards are so nano and so fast and so advanced and so awesome.

I prayed and it was answered.

Associate
There is a new driver on the AMD page if you chose the 3XX series: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-300-Series.aspx
The AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite contains the following:

​​​AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 15.15

​Supported Products

AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series
AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series
AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X

​Compatible Operating Systems​

This driver is designed to support the following operating systems:

Windows 7 64 Bit
Windows 8.1​ 64 Bit

Soldato
It is the 4GB ram bit that has me worried being honest as in certain games, like Mordor with the hi-res texture pack I was getting stuttering at 2160p with 4GB available to my current cards. They did make it seem like the Fury got round this limitation somehow but I really need to see bench's and reviews for VRAM heavy games I think.

yes this RAM issue might be due to something else.... but you wont be buying a FuryX2 without checking first anyway ;)................at least i hope you wouldn't.:eek:

never buy a GPU until it's been out for 2 weeks and every review is done.

it'll be fine, AMD will not have got this wrong, it'll handle 4K easily, if not this will be a monumental disaster :eek:.

Associate
That was sorta mentioned, there was a specific part of the stream with a load of games shown in the background that they seem to have optimised for in terms of memory.

1 hour 21 mark.

http://www.twitch.tv/amd/v/6240136

Looking for something a little more substantive than just pictures of games with 4k experience written underneath them lol.

We will see with reviews.

Associate
Sells Titan X cards=✔
Sells 980 cards=✔
Sells 970 cards=✔
Stops reading silly post by Nvidia fans trying to derail AMD awesome new lineup=✔
Get rid of horrible SLI Nvidia drivers=✔
Thought I would check my event log.Win 8.1 64 bit.New install about Two/Three months.Titan X and 970 Nvidia GPU'S

780TI SLI

Amazed at AMD Fury X Water Cooled card for price of reference 980Ti card=✔
Knew AMD top of line would be out end of June for 6 months,thanks to Gibbo,easy to wait another week=✔
AMD knocked it out of the park with new line up,not a single word from Nvidia fans ,AMD is dead since AMD stream=✔
Phenomenal AMD Fury X gaming incoming=✔
Ready For AMD Fury X=✔

Associate
fHPXG.jpg

Soldato
Sells Titan X cards=✔
Sells 980 cards=✔
Sells 970 cards=✔
Stops reading silly post by Nvidia fans trying to derail AMD awesome new lineup=✔
Get rid of horrible SLI Nvidia drivers=✔
Thought I would check my event log.Win 8.1 64 bit.New install about Two/Three months.Titan X and 970 Nvidia GPU'S

780TI SLI

Amazed at AMD Fury X Water Cooled card for price of reference 980Ti card=✔
Knew AMD top of line would be out end of June for 6 months,thanks to Gibbo,easy to wait another week=✔
AMD knocked it out of the park with new line up,not a single word from Nvidia fans ,AMD is dead since AMD stream=✔
Phenomenal AMD Fury X gaming incoming=✔
Ready For AMD Fury X=✔

Hahah Epic

Soldato
finally, the FuryX2 will have a big radiator :eek:
because it'll need to be twice as big as the Fury one...i presume, not sure :cool:

that FuryX2 PCB photo looks like a fake to me, it'll need to be bigger than that wont it ?????????????

Last edited:
Soldato
When revealing the 8GB 390 cards they said they were targeted at 4K gaming with hi-res texture packs. But this was not mentioned when revealing the Fury line up. I did feel like the 4GB capacity was glossed over given how much time they spent on the bandwidth of HBM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom