• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Possible Radeon 390X / 390 and 380X Spec / Benchmark (do not hotlink images!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
If he wants to waste hours of his night posting pointless nonsense then let him, the mods aren't going to call him out on it.

"The AMD kids will be crying soon" springs to mind ;)

58103789.jpg

:eek:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

I think you may have had a dodgy card mate. I recently got a 295x2 and apart from some known games that don't have optimised crossfire drivers as of yet, rest seem to work fine for me thus far :D

I feel bad for all the people who spent big moneys on nvidia, they can't seem to get single gpu working properly lately, let alone anything else. LOL! :p;)

Associate
"Fiji was re-organised completely focused on 4k gaming experience." Seems to me like they've done some tuning for it.

That's reaching big time. Nvidia probably said the exact same thing about their GM200 cards at some point.

We will see with real reviews and testing. Nothing they said so far though is particularly inspiring in this regard.

Associate
This thread is mostly pointless rubbish at this point , with no real benchmarks it's all hearsay. All the fanboys from both sides going at it guessing at pointless crap. Roll on the reviews.

Soldato
When revealing the 8GB 390 cards they said they were targeted at 4K gaming with hi-res texture packs. But this was not mentioned when revealing the Fury line up. I did feel like the 4GB capacity was glossed over given how much time they spent on the bandwidth of HBM.

Time will tell but GDDR5 and HBM are totally different types of memory. So it might be possible that 4GB GDDR5 is not enough for 4K but 4GB HBM is.

I am prepared to wait and see the reviews before declaring 4GB HMB pointless.

Caporegime
[Death];28184659 said:
This thread is mostly pointless rubbish at this point , with no real benchmarks it's all hearsay. All the fanboys from both sides going at it guessing at pointless crap. Roll on the reviews.

Here here...

Waits for cheap 980ti in mm :p

Associate
So we learned bugger all other than MSRPs. 8gb is awesome for 4k unless you buy our top card then we will quietly gloss over it. We've had so many manufacturing issues with out new GPU that we are releasing a badly harvested version with less performance than the 390, and one 380 (Tonga) is good for 1440p, with one 390 (Hawaii) good for 4k.

So disappointed with the lack of reviews and benchmarks. If amd don't have enough confidence in their product to even cherry pick some titles where they beat nvidia and release some benchmarks I feel this is going to end badly.

I'm watching my friend play watch dogs on medium settings on a rog swift and gtx690 at ~30 fps. A single 380 should get a little over half that. I don't consider 15-20 fps at medium settings to make a good 1440p card.

Caporegime
Dipping in and out of this thread but despite reading the announcement stuff, I feel like I don't really know much more lol. So the 24th is the next big date? Think my 290 is safe for now :)

Associate
So we learned bugger all other than MSRPs. 8gb is awesome for 4k unless you buy our top card then we will quietly gloss over it. We've had so many manufacturing issues with out new GPU that we are releasing a badly harvested version with less performance than the 390, and one 380 (Tonga) is good for 1440p, with one 390 (Hawaii) good for 4k.

So disappointed with the lack of reviews and benchmarks. If amd don't have enough confidence in their product to even cherry pick some titles where they beat nvidia and release some benchmarks I feel this is going to end badly.

Yeah but I'm sure they know that those cherry picked titles and benchmarks would be useless anyway, as they come from a naturally biased source. We need independents to do the benching, then we will see how it performs.

Associate
I just wish we had a wealth of upcoming gorgeous games to look at.

Im a bit tired of our situation which seems to revolve around The Witcher 3 and GTA V which people have been playing for weeks-months anyway.

Then we have a bunch of old games that were good 2 years ago (metro last light/tomb raider), or were crap and shallow about 9 months ago (Shadow of Mordor).

In the future the only things that seem to stand out are Star Wars Battlefront, Batman and Star Citizen.

I'm gonna upgrade soon so I get to experience these all in 60fps ultra at 1440p but I cant help wish there was more new stuff to really push these high end cards.

Soldato
Sells Titan X cards=✔
Sells 980 cards=✔
Sells 970 cards=✔
Stops reading silly post by Nvidia fans trying to derail AMD awesome new lineup=✔
Get rid of horrible SLI Nvidia drivers=✔
Thought I would check my event log.Win 8.1 64 bit.New install about Two/Three months.Titan X and 970 Nvidia GPU'S

780TI SLI

Amazed at AMD Fury X Water Cooled card for price of reference 980Ti card=✔
Knew AMD top of line would be out end of June for 6 months,thanks to Gibbo,easy to wait another week=✔
AMD knocked it out of the park with new line up,not a single word from Nvidia fans ,AMD is dead since AMD stream=✔
Phenomenal AMD Fury X gaming incoming=✔
Ready For AMD Fury X=✔

Lol

Strange how these things go differently for different people.

I find everything just works so much better with nvidia and couldn't wait to be rid of amd cards :D

Soldato
Time will tell but GDDR5 and HBM are totally different types of memory. So it might be possible that 4GB GDDR5 is not enough for 4K but 4GB HBM is.

I am prepared to wait and see the reviews before declaring 4GB HMB pointless.
I think they would have made more a lot more of it if it fundamentally redefines memory requirements. Why ignore the elephant in the room?

I do believe they are right about HBM changing the future of computing. 2nd gen will be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom