Possible RAM issues

Permabanned
The problem could be anything, I get BSOD's at random when playing BFV. I cant for the life of me workout what it is. It's just that game and maybe ones a week it happens.

I would say keep your phone to hand and then it happens photo the error code see if you can find a pattern.

I would stress test ever part of the system. Ram, cpu, all storage drives and so on

Soldato
OP
The problem could be anything, I get BSOD's at random when playing BFV. I cant for the life of me workout what it is. It's just that game and maybe ones a week it happens.

I would say keep your phone to hand and then it happens photo the error code see if you can find a pattern.

I would stress test ever part of the system. Ram, cpu, all storage drives and so on
I will as you say take a note of all error message but generally I will just live with it.
Thanks for all your help.

Soldato
OP
Try setting xmp in bios then lower the ram speed to 2600mhz. Ryzen 1 and none samsung B-die dosent play very nice together.

I have enabled XMP but I cannot see how to lower the speed as that is greyed out.
Oh and I think the Rysen 5 2600 is 2nd gen if that makes a difference?

have you tried removing and reseating the ram

No but will do so.

Soldato
OP
Okay so whilst going in to reseat the RAM I thought why not swap the ram in my gaming PC with the RAM in the secondary PC as it is the same RAM and I am thinking that if the issues transfer over then I can assume it is a RAM issue if not then I will need to think again.

Permabanned
Oh and I think the Rysen 5 2600 is 2nd gen if that makes a difference?

Not really, ryzen master shows a first gen cpu. It was the generation on cpu that was not very good with high speed ram. Some people got passed 3000mhz with the right ram sticks but most had to sit around 2600mhz.

When you enable xmp there will/should be an option to change the ram ratio that will increase or decrease the speed

Permabanned
Okay so whilst going in to reseat the RAM I thought why not swap the ram in my gaming PC with the RAM in the secondary PC as it is the same RAM and I am thinking that if the issues transfer over then I can assume it is a RAM issue if not then I will need to think again.

If you fit different ram run ryzen master again. Same ram dosent always have the same chips

Soldato
OP
Not really, ryzen master shows a first gen cpu. It was the generation on cpu that was not very good with high speed ram. Some people got passed 3000mhz with the right ram sticks but most had to sit around 2600mhz.

When you enable xmp there will/should be an option to change the ram ratio that will increase or decrease the speed

The Ryzen software has dropdown menus which I discovered by chance and looked up my CPU and that said 2nd gen and I also needed to find my RAM which was Hynix AFR and change that in the dropdown menu
Although the image does not show it Memory Frequency is grayed out so I cannot alter it.
oCorkAL.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom