Post Scriptum

Soldato
Invite to discord https://discord.gg/a6CGWHu

PostScriptumwithtext-2.png

What is Post Scriptum ?

Post Scriptum is a WW2 simulation game, focusing on historical accuracy, large scale battle, difficult learning curve and an intense need for cohesion, communication and teamwork. Players will relive the events of ‘Operation Market Garden’ across the fields and towns of Holland. This massive Allied assault consisted of a coordination of the British and American Airborne to capture key bridges while the British XXX Corps moved to reinforce them through Highway 69. However, consecutive delays in consolidating ground from the north of Belgium through Nijmegen forced the 1st British Airborne Division in Arnhem to make a stand much longer than anticipated. With no successful link between the XXX Corps and the Airborne in sight, the seventh and final bridge in Arnhem was considered lost.

‘The Bloody Seventh’ is our name for the initial focus of the project as we feel it succinctly details the struggle that the British paratroopers had to endure while waiting for their army counterpart to establish a link through the Lower Rhine.

Players will be given the option to fight with the British Airborne Division, British XXX Corps or several branches of the German Army, such as the Wehrmacht or the Waffen SS. It’s a rare opportunity to experience the intense battlefield that was the Battle of Arnhem, which stretched across farms, woods, villages and city areas. Each area is being accurately recreated from archival references that range from street level to aerial images. Whether you’re jumping out of a plane, resupplying friendlies or operating a tank you will find multiple reasons to drop back into the battlefield in this grand scaled representation of a WW2 setting never explored in a large multiplayer environment.

Untitled-1.jpg

WHAT IS POST SCRIPTUM?
PS is a large scale, tactical multiplayer shooter set during Operation Market Garden in WW2, initially focusing on the conflict between the German and British armed forces. The game is being developed by Periscope Games.

WHERE CAN I FIND THE FEATURE LIST/PRICE/PRE-ORDER OPTION/MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS INFO?
Our Steam store page has all of this info and more, find the link at the bottom of this FAQ.

WHAT ENGINE DOES THE GAME USE?
PS is built upon Unreal Engine 4, using the foundation of OWI core.

WHEN WILL POST SCRIPTUM BE RELEASED?
PS has a planned release window of early-mid 2018.

WILL I BE ABLE TO USE VEHICLES?
Yes! PS has over 40 vehicles including transport Jeeps, logistic trucks, armoured cars and tanks; all accurately modelled using real world references.

HOW MANY MAPS CAN WE EXPECT ON RELEASE AND HOW BIG ARE THEY?
There will be 4 maps available at launch, all created using aerial photography from the era. Maps will range from 4x4 km to our massive recreation of Arnhem which will be our 5th map, clocking in at 8x8 km.

WHAT WEAPONS AND VEHICLES CAN I USE?
Images of our weapons and vehicles can be found on our website as well as our Facebook, Twitter, Steam and YouTube pages. We plan to add future content relevant to the conflict as time goes on. Keep an eye in this Discord and other social media pages for updates on this.

WILL THERE BE MODDING?
Yes! Post Scriptum will have it's own SDK for anyone to create their own content using the game's existing features and assets.

WILL MY PC RUN THIS GAME?
Minimum requirements can be found on the Steam page.

WHATS UP WITH THOSE BAD ANIMATIONS AND CLUNKY MOVEMENT?
The dev team is currently working with Squad's new animation system as we speak. This will add finalised weapon and soldier animations as well as vaulting, climbing and bipods!

WILL PS GO TO EARLY ACCESS/OPEN ALPHA?
In due time. When we have a solid roadmap for testing and releases we will let everyone know. This Discord (#announcements), our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages are the places to look!

HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PROJECT?
Telling your friends, inviting them to this discord and promoting constructive discussion will do wonders for the game and the community. If there are pre-purchase options available prior to release, it will be announced publicly.

WHERE CAN I STAY UP TO DATE WITH PS?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PostScriptumGame/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PostScriptumGam
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4Xl-vuThkFEGHlJO3CuEsg
Reddit (community-run): https://www.reddit.com/r/postscriptum/

So originally this started out as a mod for Squad but is now developed into it's own stand alone game. I've been in the testing group and last weekend was the biggest test yet and brought lots of new videos. Watch them all if you've got a few hours free :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/736220/Post_Scriptum/

Panzerfaust Tank Hunting - Post Scriptum Closed Alpha Test

Post Scriptum ► NEW - Thoughts on the game and playtest

Post Scriptum ► NEW - British Faction Playtest Introduction

Post Scriptum: Finally a WW2 Game Done Right

INSANE WWII SIMULATOR - MASSIVE MAPS & HISTORIC BATTLES | Post Scriptum Gameplay

Intense Urban Combat || Post Scriptum Gameplay (NEW WW2 FPS)

Post Scriptum ► NEW - Mortars & 6lb Field gun - New Playtest footage

Post Scriptum First Look - My New FAVORITE WWII Tactical FPS (Post Scriptum Gameplay)

Multi Crew TANKS!!! || Cromwell (Post Scriptum Alpha Gameplay)

BEST WW2 SHOOTER? Post Scriptum Gameplay - Firefly vs Tiger

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
90 MINUTES OF POST SCRIPTUM!

Post Scriptum - Look up

The Last Stand - Post Scriptum

Post Scriptum ► 101st Airborne Division meet a PUMA

Post Scriptum - WWII Squad

SPITFIRE SUPPORT - Post Scriptum - Closed Alpha Overview

Post Scriptum Gameplay Highlight - Learning with the Light Armor

Post Scriptum WW2 Gameplay | YOUTUBER EVENT with TheDevildogGamer & Pixelated Apollo

Multi Crew Panther Gameplay with Devil || Post Scriptum

Speedy Armored Car || Post Scriptum Gameplay

Soldato
OP
Pretty sure there's going to be no destruction. Currently we are limited by our hardware for this sort of thing. You have graphics, player count and destruction...You can currently only really pick two to work at once!

Soldato
OP
Yup indeed. Fences etc should be do-able but having to network/replicate all that destruction with 100 players wont happen for a long time unfortunately!

Soldato
OP
@Xcept1 I must have pre-purchased squad as it isn't in my steam purchases list, how do I find out if I'm eligible to get Post Scriptum? I can't remember if I kickstarted or not

E: yep, activated it 14th dec 2015, must have bought it direct as its not a steam purchase
Go to http://postscriptumkeys.joinsquad.com/ and enter the email you backed Squad with on Kickstarter and it should send you a code for Post Scriptum to that email address.

Soldato
OP
This is the latest update from Discord
@everyone
Road to the weekend playtest - Status update #2

Hello dear followers,

The first half of May is almost complete as we are getting dangerously close to the time you will be able to playtest Post Scriptum.
The team is still working very hard on our "Offworld Core A11" upgrade and things are a bit more complicated than we originally anticipated and new issues have arisen in some unexpected ways.
The old build we used during the playtest in April with content creators remains to this day the most stable build that we have.

Here is a little overview of the issues we are currently experiencing and that we want solved before you can enjoy Post Scriptum in the best conditions possible.

From Offworld Core A10 to A11:

Current Pros:
-Players experienced better frames per second
-Penetration system on tanks with ricochet and damage on internal components (aka: "VDM1" Vehicle Damage Model part 1)
-Reworked UI, very close to final, still a few things to complete
-Reworked lighting which make the maps look much better

Current Cons:
-Vehicle behaviour is heavily unpredictable (This is the unexpected part of the upgrade)
- Paradoxically, some players also experienced worse frames than before, we need to spend more time to figure this one out to make sure all PCs have the same experience.

As you already know, we are planning Post Scriptum weekend playtest to be going live possibly during the third and fourth weekend of May.
The third weekend of May on A11 build is most likely to be compromised by those cons we listed above as they are very close to game breaking and we do not wish the public to have their first experience with PS under those conditions.

Stay tuned, as soon as those two majors issues are fixed PS will become available to you!!
Thanks for your support, we'll see you on the battlefield soon! tm

Soldato
OP
Weekend playtest - This is it boys!

This is it folks! Sky is clear, Operation Market Garden is a go this weekend!
We have more than 30 thousands soldiers waiting on the landing grounds ready to get into action.

750bd739a81aecea5bc8e0429049d3d81ca6092a.jpg

Vehicle behaviour is now a lot more stable (not perfect, but playable/enjoyable) and all the current bugs and issues should not break the game.
Keep in mind that you will play on a development build and bugs **WILL** happen and all our features, gameplay mechanics are subject to change.

While we make sure the logistic is ready for the weekend operation (servers, anti-cheat, grenades are properly packed and hot tea) Periscope Games entire development team would like to invite you to a **Live Tea Time With The Devs stream on Friday night at 7.00pm GMT**, where we will walk you through our maps, game mechanics, tanks system, rules etc..
That way you will be ready to get into battle without being a headless chicken running clueless to a certain death. Don’t be a burden and make sure you are game ready!

635620ae45922be00a70aa9a0d55ce29100c8cbf.jpg

On a side note, all Douglas C47 will have to stay grounded for this first event, we did not have enough time to properly test it and the system is not yet robust enough to go live. We know you understand, it will come not long after..
On the bright side, you will be able to fail miserably to penetrate a Panther from the front in your trusty Cromwell! So if you plan on being a tank commander, make sure to inform yourself about tank weak spots, that will extend your lifespan and your crewmen considerably. A good tank crew is an alive tank crew!

We will share with the community a list of known issues so you know what is pointless to comment on. For everything else, we will have a support line ready on our website for you to open a ticket. We don't know yet what our response time will be, but we will do our best to get back to you as quickly as possible. There is also our Discord server where the community will gladly help newcomers: discord.gg/postscriptum

a14bf5e8232cdd93f30790e1c9e90245e98579ff.jpg

Only people who pre ordered the game will have access to the weekend playtest. However, it will be heavily streamed so if you like what you see and you change your mind, pre ordering the game will grant you immediate access to the event and the following ones.

We hope you will like our game and see you on the battlefield!

PS: Pre load will open tonight after our live stream for all the people who pre ordered Post Scriptum. Pre ordering during the weekend will grant you immediate access to the playtest.
We will start turning server gradually on tomorrow Saturday 26th of May around 8.00am GMT!

Sincerely yours,
Periscope Games
435fe6f394b0be4f0a201a706f02950da6cd28c7.png

Soldato
OP
DeC2r-iWAAAFxov.png

02.png

* Correction to the earlier image, V is for local chat (Speaking to those physically near to your character) and B is section internal voice chat

03.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You guys realise it's a version to test and bug fix? It's not going to massively optimised in its current state.

Having said that it runs at 60fps on my "dog turd" 5 year old setup.

Soldato
OP
Its definitely WW2 squad thats for sure!

Has all the same drawbacks too, just had a go as tank driver as people were just sat in the spawn refusing to drive as they wanted to shoot, got us to the battle lines and the gunners just spammed everything in sight, hitting nothing and making us a huge target. nobody used comms and I had to navigate myself as no one would even look at the map for me.

glad I got this for free tbh, its just as hugely frustrating as squad is unless youre playing with 5-8 friends.

Yeah you're playing on the wrong Squad servers if that's happening every time you play!

As for Post Scriptum, this was the first weekend it was open to the masses so it's not going to be full of people knowing what is going on. Even the Squad players don't know how to play correctly yet due to the different mechanics.
where is the website to get your free key if you were a early purchaser of squad ?

http://postscriptumkeys.joinsquad.com/

Soldato
OP
Updates from discord:

@everyone We have analyzed a few server crash logs and we think we know what is causing the issue. They are all calling to the same error so hopefully that will do it.
We will have a hotfix for it later today. Thanks for your patience on this testing session.

@everyone Update on the server crash situation

It is unlikely that we will have an update today, maybe overnight (EU timezone or hopefully tomorrow morning). We will off course extend the playtest duration to Sunday all the way up to Monday morning 8.00am GMT.
We will quickly test the new build internally to make sure it is actually fixed before we push it to you.
Thanks for your patience during this testing session!

Soldato
OP
The build was an old one which was always going to have massive amount of bugs in as it was never meant to be played by the masses.

As for Sacriel commenting on it...judging from how poor he was/is at Sauad I relyre hope they don't pay too much attention to him.

Back
Top Bottom